How do lands end boys pants run? — The Bump
School-Aged Children

How do lands end boys pants run?

Just curious do you find them long or short, narrow in waist or leg or wide? I want to try out a few pair for DS but I struggle w pants for him, for example children's place tend to be too big on him and olds navy seem to fit him by age, he is avg height to short, and a string bean... (Eg he was wearing a 3t in cp in winter/fall but 4t in old navy and both are too short now) Thanks!

Re: How do lands end boys pants run?

• My son is long and lean.  He usually wears the same size as his age, or one size lower. For instance, when he was 6, he wore a 6s.  All last year at age 9, he wore size 8 or 8 slim.  He's about to turn 10, but he doesn't wear a size 10 in pants quite yet.  He still has some shorts that are 7 regulars that he can wear because the length doesn't matter, but he got too tall for size 7 pants a while ago.

Land's End sized "slim" pants have always fit him really well.  They have all the "slim" sizes in the store except 4s, which you have to order online for some reason.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • My son is long and lean.  He usually wears the same size as his age, or one size lower. For instance, when he was 6, he wore a 6s.  All last year at age 9, he wore size 8 or 8 slim.  He's about to turn 10, but he doesn't wear a size 10 in pants quite yet.  He still has some shorts that are 7 regulars that he can wear because the length doesn't matter, but he got too tall for size 7 pants a while ago.

Land's End sized "slim" pants have always fit him really well.  They have all the "slim" sizes in the store except 4s, which you have to order online for some reason.
    Thanks..I actually went in a sears the other day all excited to try some pants on him and all they had in younger boys sizes were the khaki uniform pants and he is picky about pants, likes softer fabrics and more casual type pants. I don't know if it was just our store or what but the boys sections as really small and was all bigger boys stuff :( I guess I will be stuck trying to get lucky w online sizing!