April 2013 Moms

Big fall

So E just fell and hit the table, and has a huge goose egg on his head. It swelled up like this and bruised in less than 5 minutes. Should I be worried? image

Re: Big fall

• Definitely keep a close eye for signs of concussion. Poor baby! :(
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • none5none5 member
    Poor thing! Swelling out is a good sign. If you do end up at children's because you are worried, go to the ER. We waited in urgent care only to be sent to the ER. They didn't do anything but observe her and charge an arm and a leg. Hope he heals quickly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No advice, but Fin gave himself his first fat lip tonight.  I sympathize!
    imageimageimage
  • Ehh... babies crash a lot. I would just look out for unusual behavior. The head has a huge blood supply so bruising and swelling are expected with a bump!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • My neonatologist friend asked me these questions when I asked her about a bad fall: did he lose consciousness (no) did he vomit (no), is he acting "off" (no) was it higher than three feet (no).  She said he should be fine, just ice and TLC and advil, and bring him in if he started acting weird or his eyes looked off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • It's most likely fine....just scary! Rhys fell and hit the back of his head on our hardwood floor when he was just starting to stand holding onto things. It was awful!!! I called the nurse's line and they said just to keep an eye on it and especially his eyes... Make sure they were focusing normally and everything. It was in the evening so they said to wake him up every few hours and check his eyes, which I did... But he was totally fine!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"