September 2013 Moms

Height gain?

Baby gal has been steadily gaining weight (she's almost quadrupled her birth weight of 5 lbs), but she hasn't gained any height really in almost 3 months. Is that normal? Anyone else experience this? I know that babies sometimes fill out and then get taller, but just didn't know if this was another thing to worry about. The weird thing is that i did think she gained height because some of her clothes are shorter but not according to the measuring tables at the doc's. 

Re: Height gain?

• First of all, my doctor's office almost always is off by a bit. They either measure her to fast or she's moved around. In my experience, it's not completely accurate. When DD was 7mo, she didn't gain in height at all for 2.5mo, her ped wasn't concerned. We went back for her 9mo checkup and she grew quite a bit and is now "on track". Ped said babies typically grow about an inch per month. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 1.5.13 - EDD 9.5.13 - Ysabella Sofia born 9.12.13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I brought LO into the pedi 3 weeks after her 9 mo appointment, and according to their measurements she had grown an inch and a half- in 3 weeks. Obviously not the most accurate with baby wiggling around. I'm sure your pedi would mention it if he was concerned, but you can always ask just to put your mind at ease.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Hard not to worry about every single thing :) I guess if the pediatrician was worried she'd tell me. 
  • DD hasn't grown much in height the last 3 months. I can't say I've noticed a big change with her clothes either. I did ask the doctor about it and she said it's normal for their height to slow down about now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"