Trouble TTC
Options

I faked being sick today...bad IF day

I usually teach a full course load in the summer but since I knew I would be doing IUIs I decided to just work a laid back part-time job this summer. Well this morning I called in sick, even though I'm not. I just got to thinking about how getting pregnant this summer was the perfect timing. I was free to go to doctor's appointments. And once school starts back it's going to be hard to juggle work and doctor's appointments. I thought I could get pregnant during the 3 cycles in the summer and now here I am with 2 failed cycles and 1 cycle where we are just trying naturally. Ugh! I have never faked sick in my life...I feel so guilty but I just couldn't face the world today. Thanks for listening!
Me: +35 DH: +35
TTC: Since January 2013 
DX: PCOS. Severe Endometriosis, Unicornuate Uterus w/only left tube and left ovary, Pedunculated fibroid (on the outside of uterus) and Anovulation. All conditions diagnosed 8/13
TX: Metformin
DH DX: MFI - low morphology, low motility
Ultrasound shows both kidneys in spite of UU. 
HSG showed clear tube on the left side. 
Lap Surgery performed 1/9/14 to remove fibroid and endo (Stage 3)
  • IUI# 1 June 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 13: BFN
  • IUI#2  July 2014 started 100 mg of Clomid - 7dpiui Progesterone: 5.75: BFN
  • Natural Cycle - so shocked to be in 2WW - 7dpo Progesterone: 15.5: BFN
  • Working with new RE starting injectables in late August.
  • IUI #3 August 2014  w/ Menopur: BFN
  • Finally ovulating on my own!!
Waiting to start IVF hopefully
**********All Are Welcome**************
3T January Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolution

Re: I faked being sick today...bad IF day

• Options

I know the feeling... sometimes we just need a day to be sad and take care of us.  Hope you at least were able to enjoy your "sick " day.

Married 04.11

Me & DH: 29

DX: MFI- Low Morph &  Motility

IUI #1- Sept 14- 25mg Clomid, Trigger, 2 follies, 2.2 mil motile sperm- BFN

Due to possibility of losing insurance coverage moving to IVF #1- November 

• Options
    We all need a personal mental health day once in a while.  Enjoy your day off...treat yo'self!!

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know how you feel there. I've taken my fair share of those days. Everyone needs those days to recouperate a little bit. Nothing to feel guilty about! <3

Me: 23 DH: 25
    TTC since January 2012
    Me: Very irregular ovulation   DH: Low counts, low motility
    Feb-August 2013: HSG, Uroligist, ect.
    October 2013: Consult with RE, recommended to IVF w/ ICSI.
    Benched due to finances (100% out of pocket)
    November 2013-June 2014: Vacation from TTC.
    September 2014 - Appointment with RE to discuss trying IUI before IVF. Fingers crossed!

Come on baby "B"! We're ready for you!

• Options
    catlover790catlover790 member
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't feel bad at all! I've taken a couple mental health days before and with teaching it's so hard to put on a happy face sometimes in front of all the students. Being too stressed is a legitimate reason to take a day off once in awhile! Try to enjoy the rest of the day!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    There's nothing wrong with taking mental health days :). Try to enjoy it and treat yourself!
    **********SIGGY/TICKER WARNING**********

ALL WELCOME!

TTC since 04/12
    Me- 26 PCOS
    DH- 28 MFI
    10/13 IUI #1 (1 follie)- BFP!
    11/13 M/C @9 wk due to tetraploidy, one little boy in heaven
    01/14 IUI#2 (1 follie) BFN
    02/14 IUI #3 (3 follies) BFN
    03/14 IUI #4 (2 follies) BFN
    05/14 IVF/ICSI #1 CXL
    07/14 IVF/ICSI #1.2 6R, 6M, 5F, 2T, 2 frosties!
    Transferred 2-5dt  CP
    09/14 FET #1 BFP! Beta #1 52 Beta #2 152!
    10/20/14- It's TWINS!

1/15- TEAM PURPLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SewfieSewfie member
    I'm sorry you're having a bad day. Mental health days are so, so important. Mental health is part of you're overall health picture after all, and (IMO) having to be around people on days like this just exacerbates the bad feelings. Self-care is a valuable, reasonable, and worthy way to spend a day off of work.

****Loss in Sig****
    3T Sig Challenge: New Year's Resolutions

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Marie Curie

Married 2010, together since 2006. TTC for #1 since March 2012, actively charting since November 2013
    March 2014 - HSG left tube blocked, right tube partially blocked bilaterial partial obstruction; onward to the RE in April
    May 1, 2014 - Lap surgery and chromopertubation; Dr removed a bit of endo, but everything looks healthy & tubes are clear!
    May 2014- First medicated cycle, 2.5mg femara+TI; BFN
    June 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI
    on 6/18= BFP on 6/28!; C/P on 7/3
    July 2014- 2.5mg femara + IUI #2 on 7/18. Starting progesterone 7/23, bfn
    August 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI # 3 on 8/15. BFN
    Tx break
    IVF #1 -
    12/1 - TOT & SIS- RE found a polyp
    12/15 - Hysterscopic surgery to remove the polyp; additional polyps found and removed

12/29- Good baseline u/s, 12 antral follies
    12/30- Started stimming
    1/10 - ER: 17 retrieved, 14 fertilized!
      My Ovulation Chart - No data,  just meds
  • Options
    Sometimes we NEED those days. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you need a break to regroup, don't feel even a little guilty!

Me (29) DH (37)

Married 7/11

Actively TTC 3/12

DX: PCOS

Current treatment: Break from IUIs until after the holidays

-----All Welcome----

~~~January 3T Siggy Challenge: New Year's Resolutions~~~

(I don't do resolutions...so I stole T-Rex's)

• Options
    Poor BabyJ. Everyone deserves to take a sanity break every now and then.

I think I can feel your frustration about the wasted summer. As a teacher, I had the same plan as you - I was sure we'd get in our 3 IUIs with oral meds over summer break, and then we'd just plan on IVF to fit the winter break.

Instead, I got one ICI over the entire summer. Instead of taking fall semester "off" of IF, I now have to add those appointments and side effects and drama and emotions back into the equation for an extremely busy back-to-school season.

Who knows, perhaps the bit of a real break over summer as you wait for a new RE and I wait for surgery will actually rejuvenate us better and make the IUI's this fall kind of fall into place as part of every day business? I hope we get our BFPs sooner than later though!!
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Ditto on the teacher timing. I thought this would be the perfect timing. It hasn't worked out that way so far. I'm sorry you're having a bad day and I'm glad you took time to take care of yourself.

Me-36
    DH -35
    Married in 2008
    Started TTC in 2011
    Began testing May 2014
    Test Results
    HSG- clear
    Hysteroscopy- clear
    SA- 11 mil count
    45% motility
    Diagnosis: MFI
    July 2014: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    August 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    September 2015: Femera 5mg CD 4-8, Trigger, IUI = BFN
    May 2018 after long period of not trying, starting adoption process with family friend's newborn
    November 2018 Adoption complete!

• Options
    mindaamindaa member
    I'm the same way and if it makes you feel better, I actually regret not taking a couple mental health days when things got really bad. It honestly would have been better professionally for me to not be at work than it was to be there in the bad emotional state I was in. 
    Take care!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    Good for you for taking a mental health day! Don't feel guilty- there is a word for going to work when you can not realistically do anything productive - presenteeism. Presenteeism, absenteeism - either way nothing is getting done. You took the ethical route by taking the day, :) enjoy it, relax, and feel better.
    Me (33), PCOS. Bloodwork normal, AMH slightly high, HSG clear 
    DH (40) SA good 
    Trying since 1/2012, RE 6/2014 
    Letrozole & TI June 2014-September 2014 -BFN
    October 2014 - IUI #1, lertozole - BFN
    November 2014 - IUI cancelled due to holiday, TI & Lertozole - BFN
    December 2014 - TI 
    January 2015 - IUI #2 - ?

• Options
    As all the rest of the ladies have said, a mental health day is a legitimate reason to take a day off! You're better off staying home on these kinds of days anyways. You can recoup and come back to work ready to get stuff done. I always know when I SHOULD'VE taken a mental health day because I don't get a thing done.....(although let's be honest....I bump most of my days anyways soooooooo..... :-D )

***Signature/Ticker Warning***

March 2008 - DD born - no issues conceiving (surprise). Limited issues during pregnancy/delivery.
    June 2011 - Married DH.
    June 2013 - Diagnosis of Endometriosis and PCOS (approximate).
    December 2013 - First cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    January 2014 - 2nd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    February 2014 - 3rd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    March 2014 - Took month off to prep for surgery
    April 2014 - Laporoscopy for endo. Unable to remove endo due to too close of proximity to ureter. HSG done as well. Fillopian tubes open.
    May 2014 - 1st round of Femara. Positive OPK. BFN.
    June 2014 - 2nd round of Femara. Moved to RE to have CD10 Follicular U/S. No Follies in left ovary. 5 follies in right. Largest follie 8mm, 1 7mm, 2 3mm, 1 2mm. Positive OPK on day of U/S. BFN. DH has SA done at this time - All results within normal limits.
    July 2014 - 3rd round of Femara. CD10 Follicular U/S. No follies in left ovary. 7 follies in right. 1 20mm, 1 12mm, 1 10mm, 4 <5mm. Scheduled for IUI. Canceled due to low estrogen level of 145. TI this month. Prepping for Injectables next month. BFN.
    August 2014 - CD3 BW Normal. Injectables not happening because of stupid miscommunication about "required injectables class." Taking class this month. No medication. TI for the month. SIS scheduled for 8/7/14. SIS results - "I have a beautiful uterus." Huzzah!
    September 2014 - Cycle cancelled due to stupid AF coming early and making my IUI run in to DH's business trip. Try again next month.
    October 2014 - Injects with IUI cycle. 75U 5 days. Estrogen at 36. Bumped up to 125 for 4 days. Estrogen 105. Bumped up to 225. Ganirelix for 2 days. 4 mature follies. Triggered 10/9. IUI 10/10.
    BFP 10/24/2014. Beta #1 - 178   Beta #2 - 398.   U/S 11/7/14- TWINS!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I'm starting my 3rd cycle, too, and it takes its toll very quickly with each BFN after all that we go through each month. **hugs**

Me: 30, PCOS-non IR, Annovulatory; DH: 31, SA normal :)
    Testing Completed! HSG Clear, Ovarian Reserve score 17, Elevated Testosterone, everything else normal so far
     Clomid 150mg + HCG + IUI #1 May/June 2014 (BFN)
    Clomid 150 mg + HCG + IUI #2 July 2014 (BFN)
    Femara 2.5mg + Estrace + HCG + IUI #3 Cancelled d/t no response
    Moving on to IVF with ICSI after break to lose weight.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. But you deserve to take a sick day whenever you need. This stuff is really freaking hard and draining. If I took a sick day, I would be sitting on the couch all day playing halo 4 and eating every type of food I've wanted in the past month. Which actually sounds really nice right now.
    Every one of these ladies, you included, are so strong. To get up each and every day and put a smile on your face and present yourself and move on with life is so admirable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"