June 2013 Moms
Options

Goal weight

TheTamedShrewTheTamedShrew member
edited July 2014 in June 2013 Moms
I know everyone is different, and we've posted post-baby weight polls, but I wondered how close are you to your "ideal" or goal weight? DH and I are finally starting a team dieting effort and I can barely remember what I weighed before getting pregnant.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Goal weight 128 votes

I have no idea
1% 2 votes
I don't have a goal weight. It's just a number, and I'd rather focus on overall health.
3% 5 votes
30+ lbs over
23% 30 votes
20-30 lbs over
14% 19 votes
10-20 lbs over
11% 15 votes
5-10 lbs over
23% 30 votes
I'm there! Go me!
10% 14 votes
5-10 lbs under
6% 8 votes
10+ lbs under
0% 0 votes
SS
3% 5 votes

Re: Goal weight

• Options
    I was about 15lbs from my goal weight before getting pregnant again, though I was back at prepregnancy weight.

After this baby we are taking a break before we try for more kids and during that time my goal is to get back into shape!

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    Last time I checked I was over, and I thought I was close the time before that.  I think the fluctuating had to do with weaning.  I'm almost done weaning, and my appetite has dropped considerably, so I imagine I might be close again.  Overall though I'm more focused on being healthy and confident in my body for LO.
    imageimage
    1st born June 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5-10 lbs over.  I haven't been on a scale lately but I feel gross.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    10-20 lbs over.  I'm hovering at and around pre-pregnancy weight, but I wasn't at my "ideal" weight then either.  I'd be fine with 10, but 15 lbs would be ideal.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    It's this 10lbs that won't go. Granted I still am not back to my old ways of eating healthy and exercise. I did join a running group that starts mid August. I found that unless I'm exercising, I won't eat healthy.
  • Options
    dmlk413 said:

5-10 lbs over.  I haven't been on a scale lately but I feel gross.

+1
  • Options
    25 over from where I want to be. No way I'm dieting right now, but I started an exercise routine, and changed my eating habits. I would be happy to lose some weight while being pregnant, but I don't count on it. Hopefully i'll stick around the same weight. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'd love to be 30lbs lighter but I'm 28lbs under prepregnancy weight. I'm waiting until this little miss is out before I lose the rest :)
  • Options
    I voted at my ideal weight, but really I'm about 3 lbs away. I'm short and petite so 3 lbs actually makes a difference!
  • Options
    @mcbush I'm going through a paid program called simply for life. It's pretty great :) I can is till eat the food I love every once in a while (once a week). It's main focus is nutrition and because I was pregnant when I went on it, they didnt set a goal for me to lose weight. I lost 28lbs and they told me to stop, lol! I'm even allowed to gain a couple pounds back, as long as I'm eating healthy. If you want specifics, send me a PM :) I can let you know what an average day looks like if you want!
  • Options
    I'm under my pre pregnancy weight but I'm a hot mess and was overweight when I got pregnant with the boys. My goal is to get back to the way I was when I got married. I was a normal weight then . I need to lose about 20 lbs for that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm probably about five pounds above my ideal weight, but this time I'm trying to add more muscle so I haven't been weighing myself- just going on endurance and making my way down the weight stack ;) My clothes fit pretty well but could fit better. It might just be being in my 30's but I'm really comfortable in my skin right now and am excited to continue to make progress.
    image DD and I. DD: 6/22/2008. DS: 6/22/2013
  • Options
    Im well over 30lbs away from my ideal weight. I gained 40lbs with DD, got back down to prepregnancy weight right after having her and then put it all back on right before getting pregnant again and now Im up I think... 10ish more. Sigh. But my goal after having this baby is to be back down to the weight I was before DD and then some.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would love to lose 20 lbs, but I just can't seem to get it started. I'll eat really well for a week and exercise and weigh exactly the same at the end of the week. Then I get frustrated and go back to bad habits.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"