October 2013 Moms

Just waiving hello!

*Sorry this will be long!

Hello O13 Mommies!  @rsigler and a couple others mentioned me in a recent thread and I just wanted to give a quick update.  I'm doing pretty well for the most part.  This was one of my Bump homes for about 17 weeks while I was pregnant with Liam.  I received so much love and support before, during and after his diagnosis of Trisomy 13.  Since we lost him I've had tons of ups and downs.  He went to Heaven on April 27th and that summer was a fog.  I had such a hard time.  I gained weight from all of my night-snacking and had basically zero exercise.  I did the bare minimum to get through my day and cried myself to sleep every night.  My husband, family and friends were an incredible support and always there for me, but thank God for our first son, K.  He was the only source of any kind of smile or laughter.  He was only three at the time, but he saved me. 

Once I got closer what would've been Liam's EDD of October 4th, I began to plan what I'd like to do to honor him that day.  I decided to go to the beach that day to release a balloon in the morning and to collect some beach rocks...something to treasure from that day.  I got down to the beach and was literally about to let go of the balloon's ribbon when my cell rang.  It was my mom...she was crying.  My uncle (her brother) passed away that morning.  It was terrible, bittersweet and somehow comforting if that makes sense.  He passed on Liam's EDD and I think there was a reason. 

After that day passed, things were slightly better but I was still so sad.  Everyday it was, "Liam should be one month old" or "He should be in my arms."  DH was always so sweet to understand and comfort me.  He had such a hard time too, but was trying to be strong for me. :)  Then one day in November I woke up and said, "enough is enough".  I got myself to the gym and began running everyday.  Once that became habit, I thought maybe I should run my first 5K.  That was it...I had a purpose, albeit small.  I signed up for the May 10th Color Run!  Guess what?  I did it!  I ran the entire way!  I can't tell you how emotional I was prior to the race.  Even DH was crying for me and my entire family was there too to support me.  I ran with some incredible friends...I DID IT!  With all the running I lost about 15 lbs and I'm currently wearing clothes I haven't worn in over 5 years.  I feel better emotionally.  The Sunshine Mission sent me a beautiful photo of a butterfly drawn in the sand with Liam's name.  I cherish it but didn't know where to hang it.  We just recently remodeled our living and dining rooms and the butterfly portrait proudly hangs in our living room for all to see!  It makes me smile every single day.  Most days are good now.  I still have those where I break down, but Liam is such a part of my heart that I don't think that I could ever sink back to how I felt a year ago.   I wish he were here, I wish he were in my arms, I wish he could've known his big brother...but I'm very hopeful that one day I will see him when the time is right.  Until then he is such a big part of our lives everyday.  He's our second son, after all.

DH is, I would say, 99% sure that we won't TTC any longer.  I'm getting closer to the same thought.  I'll be 38 in January.  I know plenty of women are safely pregnant well into their 40's.  I'm just not sure that's where I want to go.  He and I still have to officially have "the talk", but we are so overjoyed with our son, K and we know that it will be easier to provide him with everything that he'll need in life.  There are days when all I can think about is trying once more, but those days are no longer outnumbering the "I-think-we're-good-right-here" days.  We'll see.  We are however discussing the possibility of adopting a rescue greyhound.  I've been researching and learning as much as I can.  I told DH the other day that since I couldn't save Liam that I very strongly feel the need to rescue something. I realize that sounds kind of crazy, but I can't describe the feeling that I "need" to do something.  He understood what I meant and so we're in the beginning stages of all of that. 

So that's our life right now.  We survived and are pressing on.  And most days are smiley ones!  Although, every time I see a rainbow I cry, I'm smiling too.  Liam is part of our family always.

Thank you all for thinking of me and mentioning me.  I hope you're all well!  Your little ones are absolutely adorable and I'm so happy to see your families thriving!  Thank you so very much! ~QuigleyCat1

Lilypie - (dLe1)

***BFP 1-22-13, baby boy dx with Trisomy 13 at 15 weeks.

We let him go to Heaven on 4-27-13 at 17 weeks 1 day***

Lilypie - (AW2u)

Lilypie - (L84X)Lilypie - (D4Hj)

Re: Just waiving hello!

• Glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on the 5k!

• Happy to hear things are going so well for you. Thanks for the update.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on the 5k! *hugs* for your strength, you are an amazing woman!

• AjoydAjoyd member
    QC, what a great update. I am so glad to hear you are in a better place emotionally and congratulations on your running and weight loss success!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • oh my gosh - this made me all teary. Thanks for the update. Congratulations on the running and the 5K and the weight loss and your incredible strength to pull yourself up from such a terrible place. You are a real inspiration.

image4months_2radioflyer
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Great update, and way to go on the 5K!!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Glad to hear things are turning around for you.  Congrats on the 5K.  That's awesome!  Good luck with the greyhound adoption.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for the update! Way to go on the 5k!

• What a beautiful update...thank you for sharing! All the best to you, your DH and your son.
  • Thanks for the update.  It was really inspiring and you are so strong!

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• I'm so glad you updated us! Your story last year was so heartbreaking and we are all honored you shared it in the forum. I hope that you keep up the running and get a rescue greyhound. Please update us if you do :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • This update made me teary. You are such a strong woman! Congrats on the 5K and running! All the best to you and your family!
  • ballygirl said:
    oh my gosh - this made me all teary. Thanks for the update. Congratulations on the running and the 5K and the weight loss and your incredible strength to pull yourself up from such a terrible place. You are a real inspiration.
    All of this.  

I have thought about you many times and am so happy to hear from you and see that you are doing well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Tears flowing…you are so strong Quig.  Congrats on the 5K, you just inspired me to go out and run.  Glad to hear you're doing well.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• No worries @rsigler! >:D<   And thank you all for your very kind and supportive words.  Still to this day, it helps! 

Lilypie - (dLe1)

Lilypie - (AW2u)

• Thanks for the update. It was great to hear from you.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • So glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on the 5k!
  • Thanks for the update! Hugs mama!
  • egsquaredegsquared member
    edited July 2014
    Quigley! I'm so happy I opened this post to see that it's from you! It's so good to see your update and congrats on the 5k! That's so wonderful that you found a place to hang the butterfly picture!

I hope your DS is doing well! DD is obsessed with turning 5 and starting kindergarten. :)

((Hugs)) as always.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Glad you are doing better. Congrats on the 5k
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• So glad to hear that things are a little better, though of course nothing will be the same post-loss. I love greyhounds! You should deft adopt one :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Thanks for update! You guys are always in my thoughts. I'm glad you have been able to find some inspiring things to do. Congrats on running the 5k!
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Great to hear things are going well! Congrats on the 5k!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• You're amazing! I'm so inspired by your strength and outlook on life!
  • Thank you all so very much!  Your words still encourage and lift me and it is still incomprehensible just how much these boards STILL help me on a daily basis.  Hugs and love to each and every one of you!  

Lilypie - (dLe1)

Lilypie - (AW2u)

• Wow I am late (as usual) to this but what a great update. I have been praying for you guys for so long and I am glad you are in such a great place with the healing process. Hugs to you and great job on the 5k!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"