August 2013 Moms

Extra clingy?

Anyone else who's pregnant again has your LO gotten more clingy? Or anyone whose had more than 1 already? DS has been super clingy for the past week. For the most part it doesn't bother me, he wants more cuddles and to be wrapped more which I love but at night it's gotten to the point where he's back in bed with us and literally has to be touching me and if I get up even to go to the restroom he cries and cries until I'm back. He's ok still with me going to work or leaving him with say DH or my parents but if I'm there he's all over me. Maybe it's just an age thing but I thought it was a coincidence with
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Extra clingy?

• Is he walking? It's normal to go through a clingy phase right before/after starting to walk. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I saw something about the ww but i dont have the book so nothing i found went into detail.... He's been walking for over a month now
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has been a little more clingy recently and she's wanted to nurse more often too. She isn't walking yet but I think she's getting pretty close to taking off.

• I have one that is far more clingy than the other two. My big one was never overly affectionate and never a problem when I'd leave.

One twin is more like him - off doing things, wanting to explore. The other twin would sit in my lap forever, just chilling.

They go through phases of wanting to be near you as they gain increasing levels of independence (crawling, walking, expressing wants, saying no, etc). It'll come and go.

• I'm not pregnant and Ethan's been extra clingy for the last two weeks.  I don't know if it's because DH was gone on business trips and he got used to just being with me, or if it's because he's cruising and climbing and probably getting ready to walk soon.  He's been following me around, crying if I'm not in sight, wanting to be held a lot more, wanting me to rock him back to sleep at night instead of DH.  Today was better than yesterday though, so I'm hoping it's a passing phase.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not pregnant, but little man has been super needy and hated sleep lately. HATED sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"