Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Carriers

Recommend your carrier.  Is the ergo still the best to purchase.  Is the 360 worth it.  I thought the forward facing position was not good for the baby.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carriers

• Options
    Depending on age and what we are doing I like different things. For the record I hated the ergo. For little babies I like the k'tan or a ring sling. Once they have head control I love the Beco's (both the soleil and the gemini.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I thought the Ergo was awesome until I tried a Beco Gemini.  It was easier to put on and take off and more comfortable than the Ergo, if you can believe it.  I sold my Ergo and bought the Gemini.  Haven't regretted it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    amiefamief member
    For the first 3-4 months I loved the Baby K'Tan.  So easy and comfortable.  

Once he got older though we moved to the Boba (soft structured carrier, not the wrap) and love that.  I have a regular 4G Boba and an air.  Love the AIR because it packs super small, but it has less support, so I wouldn't use it for long periods of time.  We got it specifically to go back and forth to day care (we walk 2 blocks).  For most other things we use the regular Boba and are big fans.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited July 2014
    My baby isn't here yet, but I tried the Ergo and Beco Soleil in a store. I found the Soleil easier to use and more comfortable, especially with weight in it. I'm short - only 5"2' - and I've read other reviewers say the Beco was better for their short statures then the Ergo. I would definitely recommend trying a few on (with weight - a gallon of water works well).
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    I liked the moby the first couple of months. Now we use the ergo 360, and I love it! My nosey little guy is often much happier facing outward, and I think it's really comfortable.
  • Options
    ElinJElinJ member
    I loved the Moby for months 0-4ish. From 4-8 months I used everything from the Moby, to the Ergo, to an occasional original Beco carrier (like model 1.0 I think, it was given to me free). By 8 months we were strictly Ergo, and we still use it nearly every day to walk the dog. And I'm 25 weeks pregnant and my son is 2!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I hated the Ktan. I love my Infantino Mei Tei and Beco Gemini

@DreamingBabies‌ why didn't you like the k'tan? I'm thinking about getting one for while I'm on mat leave with this LO so I can still play with DD
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    I love my Sleeping Baby Productions ring sling!
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    Beco Gemini for sure! You can use I with a newborn, you just use the flap to support their head. Super easy to put on. 4 ways to use it. Can't say enough good things.

Though the Baby Gear Guy is releasing a new carrier in Sept with Boba and I bet that one will be amazing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"