Blended Families

We finally caught a break!! Thanks for always accusing us BM!!

I will try to keep this short..

BM kept texting that we were trying to put her in jail and it wasn't happening. She said she got served with a 2nd body attachment. DH tried to explain to BM that we didn't know what she was talking about but she was sure it was us and she wasn't coming to see SD's anymore bc we would just have her picked up from our home. I thought, at this point, that she was just trying to get out of her visits and was lying about the warrant. BM continued to text and would not stop. So, the following morning I went to the courthouse (DH was working, and wanted me to do this) to find out what was going on as we didn't know if he had a court date he didn't know about or what. We honestly had no clue what she was talking about.

It turns out that BM had a body attachment on her since October of last year and it expired so they reissued another and she had also missed a court date that had to do with CS. I told the clerk that I was very confused as BM wasn't ordered to pay CS. The clerk told me according to her computer, BM was supposed to be paying CS and had failed to do so and then gave me copies of everything that had been sent to BM, regarding the warrant and missed court date. The body attachment is for $1000.00. Then it clicked.. BM would rather go on the run than pay to stay out of jail and see SD's. I was livid. The money would help but that is not the issue for us. our issue is the way she treats SD's. I wanted something done. The papers were not served to BM's address. I made a couple of phone calls (separate counties) to give her correct address. They informed me that they would not pick up on a BA unless someone calls and says " hey, this person is here" SO.. when DH got off of work, that's what we did.

BM is in jail and I don't feel bad. I tried, and I don't. Not after everything she continues to put SD's through.

It may just be a short break but hey.. it's something. Maybe it will open her eyes a little.

There is more but it's pretty big so I can't say anything until the attorney drops items off to the prosecutor's office and files charges. Oh.. and our attorney knew nothing about her BA either.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

Re: We finally caught a break!! Thanks for always accusing us BM!!

• I would have done the same, actually. She could have laid low and let sleeping dogs lie, but she had to drag everyone else into this with her. She is irresponsible, careless, and malicious. She has done wrong and does not deserve to continue to get away with it.

I don't think you did anything out if the way. I doubt it is going to solve anything for you, but I hope it gives you a short time of peace.
  • Thank you, seriously. I was starting to think that maybe we should have just left it alone but then again, we couldn't.

I'm sure it will be just a short break and nothing big will come of it but the break is much needed.

Maybe her time in there will open her eyes to what she has been doing to SD's but I doubt it. She will probably just plot revenge. Even if DH and I weren't the ones to call, we still would have been blamed.

I stayed up late last night going through documentation and all of the times that BM has accused us with contempt and it just amazes me that she actually had been the whole time.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • The phrase "give people enough rope and eventually they will hang themselves" is coming to mind.

IMO You did the right thing.  BM will never open her eyes / learn from this experience, but it is just one more strike ON RECORD against her.  Also, you are not responsible for the attachment - that must of come from the court.  You didn't even know she was in contempt.  

I am confused about DH calling - - did he drive to her house and call and say she was there?  Was the problem that the authorities wouldn't waste time looking for her, but would pick her up if they knew where she was?  

• I went to the clerk's office to find out what was going on and she gave me everything that had been sent to BM regarding the matter.

We live in separate counties and the attachment was out of our county so no, they weren't searching for her. She has been to court over a different matter in her county and they still didn't pick her up. When I spoke with an officer from her county over the phone, I was told that they would come and pick her up if someone were to call and say "hey, here she is" or if she were to be arrested for something else they would detain her for our county since it was a body attachment and not a warrant.

DH was driving down her street and she was sitting on a porch with about 15 other people, 2 doors down from where she lives. DH had me call the county officers and he called her. DH was driving my car so they didn't even know it was us at first. It took them about 30 minutes to get there.

DH called her and she told him she moved and didn't know her address bc she was at the grocery store, DH pulled into the alley when he saw the police coming down the street and FI was standing on the porch as she was saying this. FI was like, they are right here. (within the 30 minutes we had watched BM leave the porch, FI pick her up in her car in the alley, then he came back in her car to the porch they were on when we first drove by without BM). The squad cars came from all directions so we knew they meant business then.

Sorry.. that got long.

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"