February 2014 Moms

Sleeping with the lights on... NBR

That's what I'll be doing tonight. :-SS

This thread is inspired by what I posted in the randoms today about DS1 seeing a man in the mirror. I'll add that he went to the mirror a second time a few hours ago and said, "Hey, man! You should just get out of here. Get out! Get out! Just go away." Aaaaand he was whispering so it made it *that* much worse.

Go ahead F14 and share your spooky stories.

@cara5565‌ and @BlueDot818‌, I think we are going to regret this. :-S

Re: Sleeping with the lights on... NBR

• When ds1 was 2 years old, his great grandpa passed away. That night we heard ds giggling in his room. We looked at his monitor and he was laughing, bouncing, and looking up at the ceiling. We went in his room and he said pap was in his room.

Ds had no idea that pap had passed away.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bugs02Bugs02 member
    I just got the chills reading this! I think if I were you, I'd be packing. No stories here, just wanted to wish you luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • OP how old is your ds and did you ask him about the man? Just curious. :-SS
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• dunvilles said:

OP how old is your ds and did you ask him about the man? Just curious. :-SS

This is my original post in the randoms...

DS1 just won 1st place for freaking me out. We were sitting in my room and he pointed to my floor length mirror and asked, "Mommy? Who is that man?" I didn't think much of it at first, because 3 year old imaginations. Then he asked me again, "Mommy! WHO IS THAT MAN IN THE MIRROR?!" I looked in the reflection to see if maybe something resembled a person. Nope. Nope. Nope. So I asked him to show me where he saw it. He got up, went to the mirror and pointed to a spot in the reflection that was in the corner of the room, "Right there. The man is right there. Do you see him?!" He was really aggravated that I couldn't see what he was talking about.

To make it all better, when my FIL got home, DS1 ran to him and said, "Papa! I saw a man in the mirror! And he was going like this *made a scary face with his hands up like a monster*."

WTAF!

• When I told my FIL about today's incident he said, "Well, he is three, JA82406. It's just his imagination. The only thing I've ever seen here was a little kid and --"

I cut him off and refused to listen to his story. Great. Creepy kid ghosts have been seen by the most skeptical person I know. That means it's real. WTAF x 1,000,000,000,000
  • emar129emar129 member
    edited July 2014
    I was at this place once...known to be haunted: https://www.deadohio.com/franklincastle.htm

My friends band practiced there in 2007ish for whatever reason. I decided to watch their practice before we all went out one night. I was standing in the middle of the room they practiced in listening to their music, then I felt someone push my right shoulder...hard! I turned and no one was behind me. I was standing there by myself too. Nothing fell from the ceiling, no wall behind me, no windows. I made them stop playing and walk me outside. It still scares me to this day.
    September 2014 Siggy Challenge: Goats

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The first supernatural experience I ever had still haunts me many years later. I was in the second grade and we were living on Camp Pendleton in base housing. Our unit had a horrific past, one that I won't disclose on here, but it was tragic. The unit always made me feel uneasy and I developed an insane fear of being alone. It got so bad that I would tell for my mom every night and tell her that I had a headache so she would get up and give me Tylenol. All for those two minutes that my mom would be awake with me.

One night I was laying in bed and I felt like someone walked in the room. I popped my head up and no one was there. I called out to my mom but she didn't answer. I was paralyzed with fear. The kind where you are so scared you can't move, can't hardly breathe, and you are drenched with sweat. I laid there in my bed on my left side and could feel someone's presence in my room. It got stronger and stronger until I felt something scratch my neck. Yes. Physically scratch my neck. I jumped up and bolted to the bathroom to lock the door. Ghosts can't get you behind locked doors, everyone knows that! ;) As I looked at myself in the mirror I saw three bright red marks, not actual scratches, going down my neck. I won't get into it, but if you do a little bit of googling you'll see how the number 3 is related to negative energy. I obviously didn't know that at the time, but it was still enough to scar me for life. I slept with the covers over my neck/head until last year. That's 14 years of sleeping with my head covered because I was that terrified.

Word vomit. Sorry you guise.
  • Not reading any of these until morning... but I'll post mine that's happening right now.

XP from randoms

Ok I've heard of phantom cries. .. but I swear I keep hearing whispering over the monitor, coming from T's room. It's freaking me out

(I've gone in to check on him 3x, and keep turning the screen on.)

I hate this so much. It scares me so bad.

This is the #1 reason why I do not own a baby monitor.
  • Just heard the door and floor creak. Now I'm freaked out just because I read this.

BFP #1 11/01/12 M/C 12/22/12 @11w4d

BFP #2 06/04/13 DS born 02/08/14

• I'm scared too now! There's a crack where my sliding closet door won't close all the way and I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to see something through the crack.  :((
  • The Thanksgiving after my friends cousin passed away we were hanging around talking. When the conversation turned to him, the volume on the stereo suddenly turned up to full volume.
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • MissDemeanorMissDemeanor member
    edited July 2014
    My dad doesn't believe in ghosts at all. That being said, when he was a kid he had two dogs. One day one of them jumped up suddenly and ran to the road, excited, and acted like he was greeting another dog, except nothing was there. A few minutes later a guy drove up, and told them that he'd accidentally hit and killed their other dog a bit further up the road.

Another time when he was about 6, he and my grandma went to my great grandma's house. She wasn't home so they let themselves in. When they went through the door the saw her bird fly out of his cage, across the room and down behind the piano. They looked everywhere for it until she came home. And said her bird had died the week before.

(LO is asleep on my chest. As I was typing he started scratching the arm of the chair in a creepy way, then let out one creepy cry. I have just lost a year off my life. I know it's a coincidence but it scared the crap out of me.)
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • @Madisonpenny‌ That gave me goosebumps. I think I've shared my butterfly stories but I have a brother who is deceased. I was going through a through time with my first pregnancy and had gone to the cemetery to talk to him. Everytime I went I had a butterfly land on me and sit until I was done talking. My heart still warms when I see them.
  • I can't even believe I'm about to share this story... It's insanely hard to relive it in my mind.

Back in February of 2011, the day before my baby shower for DS1, everyone was decorating my MIL's house getting ready for it. I decided to take a shower while everyone was busy but was afraid to go in there at night alone. Her house always made me feel uneasy, and nearly every single person who had spent a significant amount of time there could agree. Something there just wasn't right. So I told DH that I wanted to take a shower with him, but that that it was because I was scared. ;) DH went in the shower with me, washed up and got out before I did so I could stand in the water while he dried off. All of a sudden a really uneasy feeling came over me and my eyes darted to my DH. He was staring at me from outside the shower through the glass shower doors with the coldest look I've ever seen in anyone's eyes. When I say that, I truly mean it. Pure, cold... Nothingness. Almost as if he was filled with hatred. I asked what was wrong and he just looked at me. I knew something was wrong and I was so terrified so I tried making small talk and began pretending like I hadn't noticed anything. I leaned my head back in the shower to rinse out my hair and as I tilted my head back forward to look at my DH, he was then crouching slightly. His legs were bent slightly and his arms were bowed out beside him and he was looking at the ground. As my eyes studied him he slowly turned his head to look up at me in the creepiest way. I panicked and asked him what was wrong and in a slow, deeper voice he said, "Nothing." He then creepily smiled at me and left the bathroom. I immediately broke into years, got out, locked the bathroom door and kept trying to figure out what had just happened. I gathered up enough courage to leave the bathroom and when I did, my DH was standing at our bedroom door looking up at the dark ceiling where the light would be if it had been on. He spun around and had tears in his eyes and said, "It was on fire. The light bulb was on fire. I could see it! I turned on the light and it popped, and I watched a fire swirl around inside of it. We need to leave. Right now. Something is wrong, babe. I don't feel right here." I went outside with him and he was shaking. He did not remember the bathroom scene when I asked him about it and he could not calm himself down. He told me how the only thing he could remember was turning the light on and watching it burn. He said a part of him had felt evil, like he was responsible for the lightbulb fire. But then a part of him had felt so very good inside, and prayed for the fire to go out- and it did. He described it as feeling like a game of tug-and-war with good and evil. What makes this significant is the fact that my DH was not raised in a spiritual family, and he had been considering going to church and learning about God. It was like the devil and God were fighting for him. We spent the next 2 hours praying outside and asking God to get rid of whatever bad had been in there.

I know how insane that sounds, but it was probably the scariest night of my entire life.

Again, sorry for the word vomit.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Holy moley, I'm glad I read this at work during the day. @JA82406 you've had a lot of really scary creepy supernatural experiences in your life!   I don't blame you for sleeping with the covers over your head for 14 years after reading some of your stories!

I had a butter knife move across by bedroom floor when I was about 7. I was laying on my bed and my dog was in her kennel. I was facing the floor, and the thing slid across the floor from under my bed (because dirty). I flew down stairs as fast as I could to my mom. I think that's my only true supernatural experience.

But I'm still afraid to say bloody mary 3 times to the mirror in the dark. It occurs to me sometimes when I'm up to pee in the motn. I have to look to the floor because just thinking it makes me nervous.

I know!! So many scary things have happened to me. :((

Your butter knife story freaked me out though!! It's absolutely terrifying when objects are moved because that takes it to a whole different level! That's so freaky!! Did your mom believe you?
  • Holy shit. I can't even. #terrified.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"