Infertility
Options

Diluting Lupron?

Does anyone know anything about, or has anyone ever had to dilute Lurpron? My next cycle is a "micro flare" which I just learned is a diluted Lupron rather than what I am used to. That's great, but I have a lot of Lupron left over from previous cycles, only to find out I have to buy new? I asked the nurse if I can dilute myself with saline and she said no, but that seems surprising to me?

Re: Diluting Lupron?

• Options
    mm29mm29 member
    Can you do the mathematical conversion and then administer a lower dose of regular lupron?  I'm sorry your nurse was not helpful.  
    ::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • Options
    So regular lupron has a shelf life of 30 days once opened.  Microdose lupron is something like 10 days.  I imagine the lupron you have has already been used?  They'll make the microdose already diluted and will need to send you more after the 10 days.  Make sure they do this, they never do this correctly at my pharmacy so I always end up having to drive to pick it up.  
    ****************SIGGY WARNING****************

TTC since 2011
    DH: 29, Severe MFI; grade III varicocele; surgery postponed till KU
    Me: 30, POF/DOR, factor II hetero, MTHFR homo
    5 IVF's, LLP, EEP, MDLF all BFN
    IVF 6 using DEB USA frozen eggs
    developed bilateral PE's from BCP, cancelled/delayed 6 mths, taking lovenox
    Feb'15 SURPRISE 1st BFP ever! EDD: 10/10/15, FX
    Still have frozen donor eggs on ice
    All are welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board