Formula Feeding

Distracted eater

DD has become a distracted eater. She will take 4-5 ounces and then want to look around or grab things (my shirt/face/etc). She still wants to eat more because she opens her mouth, fusses and leans towards the bottle. Any suggestions? Is this just a stage, she will grow out of?
Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

Re: Distracted eater

• Looks like our LO's are birthday twins. Mine is also a distracted eater most of the time, unless she's really sleepy.  She looks around, starts playing with the bottle, pulling hair, etc. but she still wants to eat.  We have started feeding her in a very quiet, dimly lit room with little stimulation.  It helps most of the time but sometimes it's a struggle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you using the fastest flowing nipple? I know when my son started getting distracted, I upped the flow and it worked wonders. 

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Are you using the fastest flowing nipple? I know when my son started getting distracted, I upped the flow and it worked wonders. 

Good luck!
    We are on the med. flow nipple. She still manages to make a giant mess, and finishes 7-8 ounces in roughly 10 minutes.
    Looks like our LO's are birthday twins. Mine is also a distracted eater most of the time, unless she's really sleepy.  She looks around, starts playing with the bottle, pulling hair, etc. but she still wants to eat.  We have started feeding her in a very quiet, dimly lit room with little stimulation.  It helps most of the time but sometimes it's a struggle.
    Yay for birthday twins.
    Feed her in a dark room. :P

Nope, nothing you can do. Muppet went through a similar stage at around 6-7 months old. There is a cognitive leap in there somewhere and they become more aware/active. Just wait it out. By the time he was 8 months or so, food became more important again, though he would still get distracted from time to time.
    I'm totally going to become a shut in and stay in a dark house, just so DD can eat. Thanks for the awesome idea.
    :P :P
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• We're dealing with the same thing! DD is just over 6 months old and totally distractable. I only wish she would drink 4-5 oz! We're lucky to get 3 down her before she wants to play, play, play! Glad to know from everyone here that this is a phase! I'm tired of feeding her in the middle of the night because she didn't eat enough during the day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"