July 2012 Moms

F/U: first trip to the movies

versedversed member
edited July 2014 in July 2012 Moms
So, we did it, and it went well-enough! We saw "Planes: Fire & Rescue"

One of our local theaters does breakfast shows on weekends - this is the theater with tables, Lincoln Town Car seats, and food service - so, we picked a 9:15 showing. I was relieved the theater was only about 1/3 - 1/2 full with lots families with little boys aged 2-6ish.

A sat well with a pancake and milk and his Dusty and Bulldog planes for the first 30-45 min. Then he got a bit antsy. He crawled under our table a little then stood in front of our table with his toys. Then he got on the floor and laid there with S's Lamaze toy. Thankfully, he didn't seem to bother anyone around us.

After this little antsy phase, the action started back up, so it got his full attention back. It was cute that during a big fire scene, the theater was silent, and he yelled out, "uh oh, planes! Choo choo! Uh oh!"

Thankfully, S slept the entire movie on the boob. Woot woot.

The movie was really good, too. We'll end up buying it, I'm sure.

Think we're all set on going to the movies, though, until next summer. image
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: F/U: first trip to the movies

• How fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • I would be terrified to bring Cooper somewhere like the movies. Knowing her she would surprise me and be an angel but I'm too scared to do this. Plus all of our theaters SUCK.
    Glad y'all had a good time !!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • versedversed member
    @paddyb - I agree it would not have gone as well at a typical theater!

@somethingcleverer‌ - I almost cried a few times at this movie, and DH admitted he was kinda upset when A was running around because he wanted to give the movie his full attention!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"