Parenting after 35
Options

I just don't understand

If I read about one more baby left in a car....this is just unfathomable to me and beyond devastating. We have one job above all else, to protect our children. Something needs to change.
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: I just don't understand

• Options
    I agree. Makes me sick everytime I hear it.
  • Options
    I totally don't get it. Locking one's keys in the car, yeah OK, but forgetting a dear child???

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't get it either.  I think a couple weeks ago we had 6 cases here.  Its insanse.  I stopped watching the news for a bit so I didn't have to hear the stories.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    I read an article recently with personal stories of it happening and it is just gut-wrenching to read the personal accounts.  No one thinks it would happen to them.  It almost always involved a change in routine.  My LO isn't in day care yet, but my husband and I have discussed ideas to help safe-guard against the possibility (leaving laptop bag or purse in back seat, making arrangements with day care to call us if baby hasn't arrived by a certain time, etc.).   Also, I don't anticipate our LO will go with his grandparents too often, but since they are older and even less accustomed to having him around, we'll be sure to call and check-in often.

Here is the article if anyone is interested. 

https://www.parents.com/baby/safety/car/danger-of-hot-car-for-children/

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I am terrified of it happening to me. Luckily, my in laws watch our kids, and if we are 10 minutes late, they are texting to find out where we are. I can so easily see how you could go on autopilot and just forget. If DH drops off the kids (not our normal routine), he has to text me "Package safely delivered" when the kids are in the house with his mom and dad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"