December 2013 Moms
Options

D13 Book Club

A book club was suggested, so let's get on that.

Please throw out any suggestions you have on possible books. It has been said that maybe we could start with The Fault in Our Stars. Any other suggestions are welcome. I'll create a poll with the suggestions after a day.

GO!

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

Re: D13 Book Club

• Options
    Omg, how do you have time to read for pleasure?? I can't even get through the second half of my baby sleep book, and stopped checking the milestone book after like 10 weeks. :-/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh! I really want to read Enders Game!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ameegee said:
    It's a fantastic easy read.  I've read most of the books in that series (10 of the <I think> 15) and Ender's Game is the best by far.  We were considering Andrew/Ender as a name/nickname for our LO. ;)

The movie didn't do the book justice.  It deserved to be 2 movies, just like some of the LOTR & Hunger Game books.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options

ameegee said:

It's a fantastic easy read.  I've read most of the books in that series (10 of the <I think> 15) and Ender's Game is the best by far.  We were considering Andrew/Ender as a name/nickname for our LO. ;)

The movie didn't do the book justice.  It deserved to be 2 movies, just like some of the LOTR & Hunger Game books.

That would be an awesome name/nickname! I don't honestly know how I've gone this long without reading it....
  • Options
    LawrenLawren member

The Book Thief.

One of my all time favorites! Soooo good.

• Options
    Lawren said:

The Book Thief.

One of my all time favorites! Soooo good.

I've been meaning to read this one!!! I watched it on a plane and was making awkward sounds as I choked back tears

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Options
    Reconstructing Amelia.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Defending Jacob.

Both of my suggestions revolve around parenting and whether or not we ever really know who our kids are.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

Gone Girl is the next book on my kindle I have to read so I'd be up for doing that one.

As for my inputs, I LOVE all of Sarah Jio's books and recommend them to anyone and everyone. They are all sort of historical fiction/romantic/mystery novels. The Bungalow was my favorite but I also loved Blackberry Winter and Violets of March.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    JRT512JRT512 member
    I've had Gone Girl on my kindle forever and never got around to reading it. Loved Defending Jacob and TFIOS. I heard This is How I Leave You is good too, and the movie comes out in August. Please don't flame me for this, because I don't want it to come out the wrong way, but I would prefer to steer away from the young adult books. It's been all easy reads since LO came, and I need the motivation to read something more challenging. But if the group would rather do a YA, then I will definitely still participate! Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone else feels the same :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Confession: I saw a commercial for TFIOS, promptly googled it, and read the complete Wikipedia entry.   ~:>  I ended up doing this with Flowers in the Attic series also.  I'm no fun (read: impatient)!

imageimage

• Options
    A Discovery of Witches
    I've been wanting to read this! I also just ordered the audiobook for the Ocean at the End of the Lane from my library.

• Options
    MissyC979 said:

A Discovery of Witches

I've been wanting to read this! I also just ordered the audiobook for the Ocean at the End of the Lane from my library.

Ocean at the end of the Lane was ah-mazing.
    D13 June Siggy Challenge Awkward (Awesome) Bathing Suits
    photo d5230f4f-07cc-4b75-b11c-da060b42a66d.jpg
  • Options

A Discovery of Witches

Just finished my reread. Reading Book of Life now! So good!

I'm at the lake, but I'll make time to put up a poll today. Very excited! A few I have read and loved, a few on my list, and a few that look great!

I'll leave the poll up for a couple days, then we can decide on a time frame.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"