High-Risk Pregnancy

PTL at 30+4 weeks

So I'm only 30+4 weeks but I spent all morning and half the night in triage, I woke up at about 1:30 thinking it was good ol' pregsomnia I headed over to the couch with my phone and book. Well then I started having more contractions so I thought I should start timing them. They were consistently between 3 and 5 minutes apart lasting between 30 and 45 seconds and definitely increasing in strength. So I woke DH up, we packed the iPad for DS and headed to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitors and baby was looking good. Contractions were still consistent at about 4 minutes. My high risk dr was there and came in to check me. Cervix was closed, but given my history he wanted me to get the steroid shots for baby's lungs and sent me to L&D for monitoring. Well don't ya know, everybody and their dogs were having babies in my city last night and there were no beds in high risk labor and no beds in regular L&D. They gave me the meds to stop contractions and after about 5 hours the contractions started slowing down and eventually tapered off to very random little ones. So now I'm home and told to take it easy and if anything starts again I need to go straight back. Ugh...this baby needs to bake a bit longer!! Thanks for listening!

Re: PTL at 30+4 weeks

• I had the same experience at 30 weeks. We went to L&D where I had contractions 1-2 minutes apart all night long. I got magnesium to stop them and steroids for her lungs. Did they give you a FFN test? Mine came back positive, which may mean an increased chance to deliver in the next 2 weeks. With all that said, here I am at just about 37 weeks and I've had no issues since! My doctors didn't even suggest bed rest so I just went about life normally. Hang in there!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Hi there! That's so great you've been able to hang on this long! For me, they were able to stop labour over the weekend. However, I went to work on Monday only to have my water break at the end of the day! I've been in the hospital ever since, and started having some bleeding 2 nights ago. Everything is looking great with baby, having regular fetal assessments and NSTs, but we will likely be inducing tomorrow. I'm 31+3 weeks today, Fetal assessment this morning showed baby at about 3 lbs 11 oz which I'm hoping is close to accurate!