TTC after 35
Options

Small TTC and other people VENT!

I'll make this short but I just needed to say it so I can let it go...I've posted before that there are only three people that know I'm TTC - my sister and two friends.  None of them know everything and I keep things very low key.  I have not told any of them about this last IUI and I haven't even told them where I was in my cycle and I will not.  I was just told by my own sister, "oh, you can always adopt or foster...."  I know this and I applaud anyone who does this but for me, I want to carry and give birth to a child.  I'm only doing IUI, I still have IVF and there are donor eggs if my eggs are the issue so I am a ways from giving up.

Anyway, it just pisses me off that people who already have their family and feel "complete" dictate how you should feel about your IF!   

Sigh....I feel relieved...thank you for reading :)
41 & single; DX:  PCOS
TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

Re: Small TTC and other people VENT!

• Options
    Sorry- that really is annoying and well worth a vent!

It is very weird but yet seems common that people say stuff like that.  What gives?

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I don't understand why people feel like they want to comment on these things. Maybe they think they are being supportive. It is really annoying.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    People just don't think before they speak.
    @thirtyninetoforty you keep on the path you are on and you will be able to carry a child of your own. You are awesome!!!!!!

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I think people are usually well intentioned but when they haven't walked a mile in your ute, they have no idea how it feels.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    People really need to learn to mind their own damn business. Especially when it comes to TTC. I hope you get your BFP soon so she can learn to shut her mouth!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! 

I do know that they think by making other suggestions about kids they are making me feel better but it's like anything else in life - unless you experienced it, just shut up already!  I'm really thinking that I am going to tell all three of them that I am giving it a break for a while so I don't have the questions or the comments.

@JimBobCooter...I'm curious if she ever gave you an answer? 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry. I do think pps are right--people think they're helping and can't possibly know what you're going through until/unless they experience it.

When I was in my twenties and ages away from wanting a baby, let alone having a clue about IF or the adoption process. I remember having similar views about adoption, kids in need of good homes, and (as I saw it) the absolute arrogance of insisting on passing on your own genes. I also remember sharing this with my sister, as well as her reply: "yeah. You know adopting a baby isn't like adopting a pet, right? You don't just go down to the baby pound and pick one out."

And, all these years later, I just finished my first iui with all the intentions to go on to IVF if indicated.

So yeah, they don't mean anything bad--they just have no idea. But I think your plan of announcing a break us a good one. Hugs.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Davie813 said:
    I also remember sharing this with my sister, as well as her reply: "yeah. You know adopting a baby isn't like adopting a pet, right? You don't just go down to the baby pound and pick one out."
    LOL - I wish it were that easy!  I am already planning on IVF...thanks!!

• Options
    Davie813 said:
     "yeah. You know adopting a baby isn't like adopting a pet, right? You don't just go down to the baby pound and pick one out."  
    I wish it were that simple!!! My DH mentioned adoption recently but since its so expensive we won't be going that route, and as awful as it sounds I would want a baby or extremely young child, even though it wouldn't be genes passed on, I want my life and values passed on. 

Good Luck to you! Keep going your path!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    I can never understand people who say "just adopt" or "just foster." First off, no, you can't go down to the Baby Store and just pick out a child. Second, even if you factor in infertility treatment and extra time to conceive, it's usually less expensive and quicker to go the birthin' route.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"