High-Risk Pregnancy

Cerclage ???

How often are you monitored? I received my cerclage on the 8th, had my follow-up last Friday, next appointment is 8/1. Last appointment dr did a speculum exam. Was wondering if you all get cervical checks via ultrasound or speculum. Also, what worked best for you p17 or pills? Also, I'm having a rcs so idk how that effects my cerclage removal. Thanks
Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!

Re: Cerclage ???

• I had a rescue cerclage done last Friday and they said it would be checked every week for awhile. My appt this past Thursday she did a speculum exam but on Tuesday I will have an ultrasound.
  • caden1206caden1206 member
    edited July 2014

With my first cerclage I was monitored every week from week 16.  I carried to term.

With this cerclage I am being monitored every three weeks by OB and every four by MFM.

I declined the P17 shots.  I did take oral progesterone with the beginning of this pregnancy because I had a dip in my progesterone early on.  I do not think that has anything to do with my IC.

Edited:  All my checks are done via ultrasound. 

• Loading the player...
  • I was checked every 1-2 weeks from cerclage to 24 weeks via internal exam. I also took oral progesterone until 37 weeks. 
  • With DS, I had a rescue cerclage at 25 wks. I was checked weekly after that. This time, cerclage was done at 13 weeks. I'm checked every month for now but dr says it'll be more frequently after next month.
  • Hey, everyone.

With the weekly checks, does your insurance cover for frequent visits?
    Or what other resources are available if insurance doesnt cover? Thx in advance.
  • @cuteyuneek‌ I have an ultra sound to check my cervix every two weeks my insurance covers it, Good luck to you

• I also have an ultrasound every two weeks and insurance covers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"