June 2013 Moms
Options

Raw veggies

Anyone do raw veggies with their LO yet, such as green pepper strips? If so, which veggies? Do you serve them plain or a different way?

Re: Raw veggies

• Options
    I was going to answer the same as @VASC‌ . That's all we have done too.
  • Options
    He's had bell pepper, but does better without the peel. He has tomatoes every now and then. He had a chunk or red onion from MILs salad, but mostly just chewed on it. He's had little bites from broccoli, but has a lot more success with steamed broccoli.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cucumber and tomato here too.

• Options
    bell pepper we've done with LO since he was 6 months - it was one of the first foods we introduced.  Beyond that, I think cucumber is about the only raw veg we give (he didn't seem to care for tomato).
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Lo loves tomatoes and raw zucchini with hummus and jicama. I would try peppers too but I don't like them myself so I never buy them.

• Options
    Grayson looooves tomatoes but he got sores in the corners of his mouth the last time he ate them :(
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    We've done pretty much everything. We did BLW and Will is great with food. He loves carrot sticks, celery (he'll actually gnaw on a whole stalk), zucchini, summer squash, all colors of bell pepper, cucumber, corn, sugar snap pea pods and even some lettuce. We haven't tried tomato yet (Idk why, just haven't) and he didn't love mushrooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Options
    Oh there is lots of flinging going on :) but some of it does make it into his mouth plus I snack on veggies all day and he always wants a bite of whatever I have.

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Options
    Cucumber, tomato and bell peppers. She prefers her veggies with dip (hummus in our house)
    div style="text-align: center;">

• Options
    Same as PPs, tomato (even though technically a fruit) cucumber and peppers are the only veggies she's had raw. Even though she did steal a piece of raw potato when I was cutting them up for mashed potatoes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tomato, cucumber, lettuce, onions, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots. She loves salad

• Options
    Cucumbers and sugar snap peas are favorites!

• Options
    She likes cucumber and peppers cut into thin sticks.

I don't count tomato because it's a fruit ;)

• Options
    megandchasemegandchase member
    edited July 2014
    Tomatoes, cucumber (both "technically" fruits (; and peppers without the skin. I can't wait until LO can eat carrots, celery and lettuce, it will make incorporating veggies so much easier!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"