Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Toddler Nap Issue - Anyone else's LO do this?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Toddler Nap Issue - Anyone else's LO do this?

• Options
    Mine has always done this. Seriously - almost every nap he cries at the the 45min or 1 hr mark for a minute or two…or more, and then goes back to sleep. I sort of figure, when he wakes up happy, he's done for real. 

The there are the days when he doesn't go back down. Ugh! Those are…fun. Fortunately, they are not frequent. In an ideal world, we have a 2hr nap and 11-11.5 hours at night. When when are things ever ideal? :)

I've noticed that when I push bedtime to 8pm, he usually takes longer naps (he's doing a 3 hour one right now, and last night was an 8pm night). When I put him down at 7 or 7:30, he'll only do 1.5 nap. It's hard, because when he does these long day naps, he ends up staying up later. Honestly though, I think it's ok to flex things a little bit according to your schedule, and let the LOs adapt (to a point). So many things can throw them off too (teething, language leaps, etc.), that sometimes they just get cruddy sleep and have to make up for it. I know what you mean though - don't want to start a vicious cycle of long naps during the day and bad sleep at night. 
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's worth trying to push back her night time sleep.

DS naps anywhere between 1.5-2.5 hours.  If he sleeps close to 11.5 hrs at night, he'll take a 1.5 hr nap.  If he sleeps 11 hrs or less, he'll take a long nap.

Every month or 2, DS will have several days when he will wake up middle of his nap (usually at 1.5 hr mark) and scream bloody murder.  He'll scream and sob so hard that I have to go in there to soothe him, and stay until he goes back to sleep.  He will sleep for another 30-60 minutes and wake up happy, as if nothing had happened earlier in the nap.  I now attribute those 'off' days to teething or just not feeling well.  He goes back to his normal self after a few days of it.  On normal days, he either wakes up happy after 1.5 hrs, or he'll wake a little, roll around, and go back to sleep.  

Nowadays I know that if he wakes up screaming and upset, something is bothering him (usually teeth).  Those days always correlate with a grumpier toddler.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"