Pregnant after 35
Options

5 wk Pregnant and struggling at 38

I'm new to the board. My DH and I have been TTC for a year after a tubal reversal last year. I have 3 other children (20,13,11), but he has 0. I have gotten + HCG test 3 times this year. The 1st was ectopic, the 2nd was chemical, and this one we thought was chemical. I had an HCG today and it came back 62. Ovulation would have been July 6th or 7th. I had taken a HPT on Sunday that showed I was PG, then by Tuesday night was barely visible. I'm on estrogen and they are starting me on progesterone today. I go back Tuesday for another HCG and hope to hear some good news. What keeps me positive is DH mom was 41 when he was born (accident baby), but he is the only surviving sibling as the others each died tragically in separate car accidents 17 years apart (with his father in one). He is really depressed about our failure so I'm really hoping for a successful PG since he is talking about giving up. Anyone had success in this type of situation? 

Re: 5 wk Pregnant and struggling at 38

• Options
    I don't have experience with this situation, but I wanted to let you know I am sending good thoughts your way.  I look forward to hearnig the good news that all is well. 
  • Options
    I have had losses too:( but don't give up hope I had DS first try at 39 and now at 42 , 14 almost 15 weeks pg with girl! Good luck!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 38. I had a loss last year and as you can see from my ticker, I am planning for the delivery of my rainbow baby. We conceived via IUI. You may decide to consult an RE since you are AMA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    I have been under the care of an RE since my tubal reversal. Actually one of the best in the state and great bedside manner. He has helped many of our friends conceive. He has confidence that it would happen, so maybe this will be the one.
  • Options
    Just an update, my HCG came back at 191 today. They want me to retest in 2 days because they wanted it at 250. Everything I read says double in 48-72 hours, but sounds like they want the 48 hours. They mentioned another Dr during the call, so I guess my Doc is out for the day. He is much more optomistic than the others in his office.
  • Options
    Good luck with your second test.  Hang in there!
  • Options
    Happy thoughts coming your way. Keep us posted!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    My beta #'s were all over the place with DD#3.  I actually thought my FET didn't work, although I had similar symptoms to my other PG.  My first HCG was a 12 after I continued to get negative HPT all day the day before my draw. Two days later it was 31 then jumped to 161 and finally 1820.  My RE thought it must have been a late implanter (it that even a word?) She's an active 1 YO today. 

Good luck to you and fingers crossed that this is your sticky baby.

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    My beta #'s were all over the place with DD#3.  I actually thought my FET didn't work, although I had similar symptoms to my other PG.  My first HCG was a 12 after I continued to get negative HPT all day the day before my draw. Two days later it was 31 then jumped to 161 and finally 1820.  My RE thought it must have been a late implanter (it that even a word?) She's an active 1 YO today. 

Good luck to you and fingers crossed that this is your sticky baby.

JM
    Thank you for the good thoughts and news!
  • Options
    HCG came back 346. 81% increase this time. They are still concerned my numbers are low from my approximate ovulation date. I have another test and ultrasound on Tuesday. I wish they would wait a week to be able to maybe have a better chance of seeing something. Good news is that it will be with my Dr. According to current rate I should be be over 1K by then so hopefully they will see something.
  • Options
    Good news, good luck. No tubal reversal, but we did VR he has 3 I have none. RE said 2% chance of pg and live birth without doing IVFwith him. 12% if we did donor eggs. Now pg with twins after Clomid.
    I am 41, my mom was 41 with my brother, her mom was married at 39 and had 4 children in the 1940's so, yes, it can be done :-) (((hugs))) and T&P for h&h nine months!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope you'll have more definitive news on Tue @davalynn..  Good luck!
  • Options
    HCG came back approx 1120 (didn't get exact number). Dr did see embryo in the uterus. No heart beat, but not surprising since I could be just at 6 weeks or 6 1 day today. I go back in 2 days for another HCG. Things are looking up. My doctor is so optimistic that it makes us feel better at least.
  • Options
    Numbers came back in the 1500's. Forgot to get the exact because my mind started spinning when I heard the number. Dr wants another sonogram tomorrow so hopefully it isn't bad. There was fluid behind my uterus in the last one so hopefully that is subsiding and not causing issues. Increase dropped to less than 30%. My husband is not taking it well so he's taking a 1/2 day tomorrow to be there.
  • Options
    Sorry about your struggles.  Good luck tomorrow.  Hope you get some answers.
  • Options
    Fxd for you (((hugs)))
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
     How are you doing today davalynn?  Hoping everything is turning out ok for you... {{hugs}}
  • Options
    I feel your anxiety. But 5 years ttc, 17 chemical pgs, and an adoption later...I'm 27weeks. Keep your spirits up and try to stay positive. T&Ps for you.
  • Options
    That's awesome news!  I know you're still being cautious, but congrats.  FX
  • Options
    Congrats on the good news! FX for a sticky bean.

• Options
    Congrats on the great news!!
    1/1997 - DS
    9/1998 - Ectopic :: 4/2001 - M/C :: 8/2006 - Ectopic :: 4/2007 - M/C :: 8/2008 - Ectopic
    4/2010 - DD
    4/2012 - M/C
    6/2014 - Surprise Pregnancy at 42 yrs old! EDD 2/16/2015
    6/9 +HPT :: 6/10 hCG 383 :: 6/12 hCG 1190 :: 6/17 hCG 8224, Prog 26.4
    6/24 U/S #1 showing 6w2d CRL .43cm w/HB! :: 7/7 U/S #2 CRL 1.73cm w/strong HB!!
    7/31 NT Scan U/S #3 CRL 49mm, HB160 | MaterniT21 - Negative!!
    TEAM PINK
    9/2 - AFP Panel - Negative | U/S #4 HB150
    10/1 Anatomy U/S #5 | HB 134 | CPCs found, Trisomy 18 ruled out w/Mat21 on 7/31 | all other development normal!

11/24 - Glucose was normal at 94
    12/23 - BPP U/S #6 HB 138 :: 12/30 - BPP U/S #7 HB 159 :: 1/5 - BPP U/S #8 HB 154
    1/12 BPP/Growth U/S #9 HB 129, weighs 5lb 12oz already w/ 4 weeks to go!!
    1/20 BPP/Growth U/S#10 HB 155, weight 6lb 9oz :: 1/26 BPP U/S#11 HB153 :: 2/2 BPP U/S #12 HB 137 :: 2/9 BPP U/S #13 HB 150
    :::::::::: 2/12 - INDUCTION DAY!! ::::::::::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• Options
    @davalynn this is awesome news!  Congrats...

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    Had my 3rd U/S today. HB went to 143, but still measuring a week behind. Calculated at 7 wk 4 d, U/S showed 6 wk 4 d. Dr said still 50/50 on a miscarriage. I go back in 6 days for another scan. I'm thinking this will be a weekly thing until they pass to OB. I just hope that everything goes well from here on out. I stopped working out when we got the positive just to be on the safe side, and for the most part I'm just taking it easy. 
    The week behind doesn't bother me to bad since my 20y son was 2 weeks behind what they thought the whole pregnancy, I got PG with my middle child on my dot, and my youngest was a week early. My family is known for cycles not lining up.
    We are remaining cautiously optomistic. One more day of work this week and them I'm taking it easy all weekend.
  • Options
    Sounds like progress @davalynn.  Hang in there!
  • Options
    That is good news and FX everything will work out. Keep us posted.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Heart stopped at 6 weeks 5 days. Confirmed 2 weeks in a row. Miscarriage began today. So we start again. Doctor gave me 2 hugs this time. Dr is going to put DH and me through genetic testing. If comes back positive on anything he suggested ivf to weed out and genetic abnormalities in embryos. Hoping everything goes fine and we can try again naturally. Thanks for the support!
  • Options
    That's very sad to hear.  I'm very sorry for your loss @davalynn *hugs*.  I hope your genetic screening goes well and that you'll be joining us again soon.  Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    So so sorry! I cannot imagine. Please take care!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So sorry to hear! Take care!!
  • Options
    So sorry for your losses. Thoughts and prayers are sent. I hope you can find out the problem. 

• Options
    I'm very sorry.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. That just stinks!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"