LGBT Parenting

AH/Not On Topic: Backyard Ideas

You all seem like really with-it people with good design sense. I don't know why I believe this, but I do. I've looked up "container garden ideas" and I see three pots filled with plants or something. I need a container DESIGN. A container landscape!

Can you help me?

Our backyard is in totally disarray after out summer of veggie growing. I'm getting ready to move everything and clean up and I realized I want our backyard to be NICE. It is a concrete pit right now.

Any ideas?

Here's what's happening:
1. Rickety wooden thing is coming down. It was an emergency effort to get dogs to stop eating our tomatoes.
2. I'm going to organize all the junk in/under/around the table. Likely put it away in the utility room.
3. Going to hang grill on the wall. It is new because I just gave away our old gas grill and I live in charcoal land now.
4. The old tire planter was here when we moved in. It is filled with a weed. I just need to figure out how to move it. But it is outtie.
5. The sun really pelts out here and the laundry line stays. So seating might be hard. Thoughts welcome.

Hopes:
1. That it looks and feels nice.
2. That's I'll be proud when my gardening family visits in December.

Any ideas? Pictures would be great. Thanks in advance!

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: AH/Not On Topic: Backyard Ideas

• Pinterest is a great place to look for ideas.

I would definitely paint. Maybe a bright color if you're ok with bright colors.

If plants/flowers are your thing, I would build/install a gardening bench and a nice bench to place the pots on to show them off.

Maybe put in a small water/pond accessory? It could go pushed into a corner. Or you could also put a little table with chairs in a corner as well to help with seating. If you get a table with an umbrella, then you could still enjoy it even if the sun is out. I have seen (on Pinterest) wooden pallets put on the ground with cushions on top for relaxed "seating". I've also seen (Pinterest again) pallets used to make outdoor benches/couches.

Can you have an outdoor fire where you live? If so, you could get a fire ring...you could build one or buy one. If you buy one you could get one that is portable and the wood wouldn't touch the ground.

Are outdoor area rugs a thing? If so, you could put one out there to break up the concrete. Or you could paint it or you could tile it.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• In regards to putting tile down - I wouldn't use glazed tile. It gets slippery when wet. It looks great, but not practical on the ground/floor. Glazed tile would make a great backsplash on one of the walls though.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"