LGBT Parenting
Options

GTKY 7/25

Hello all! Join in!

Loved the confession thread this week, today's GTKY ? is meant to contrast it a bit :).

1. What are three things you love about yourself, you are good at, special talent, things people compliment you on, or things that make you feel good about yourself?
2. What is your favorite vegetable?
3. What's up this weekend?
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY 7/25

• Options
    JGYJGY member

1. What are three things you love about yourself, you are good at, special talent, things people compliment you on, or things that make you feel good about yourself?

hmmm ...  a)  I can be pretty physically tough.  At least I used to be.  I'm a small fry, but on the rugby pitch my favorite skill was tackling.  When one of my old coaches used to see people on the field who she thought needed to toughen up a bit, she would say "That gal needs to go to the JGY school of get-back-up!"  That always made me laugh.
                      b) I think I'm easy to talk to.  I've managed to build some pretty good bridges at my new job, where they had previously had some substantial inter-departmental tensions.
                      c) I stick up for people a lot.  It's something I've always done and something that made me not so popular growing up.  But I felt like it was the only option I had if I wanted to feel good about myself and my actions, and as an adult it has certainly had its positive effects (as opposed to high school).

I'm a serious vegetable lover, so this is difficult. Arugula makes me drool, and since I'm waiting with baited breath to get some in our CSA share (we haven't seen any yet) I think I have to go with that.  Brussel Sprouts are a close second.

Our sweet Duncan dog has had a few accidents in his crate over the last week or so, so we have a vet appointment tomorrow to just get things checked out.  Other than that, it will be the typical battle of keeping Gabe busy, getting him outside to learn about life and burn some energy, and then trying desperately to get something, anything, done around the house while he naps.  The house cleaner (that yes, my Mom still pays for god bless her) comes today so I'll be a SUPER happy camper when I get home this evening.  Oh, and we have a kid-friendly happy hour this afternoon.  Yay!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options

I can be pretty funny in a sarcastic/dry kind of way. I do what I say I am going to do. My kids know they are loved and cared for.

I really don't like veggies. Bad, I know. Roasted cauliflower is good. I'll eat asparagus. I am excited about the new gadget i just ordered that makes zucchini 'noodles.' (we're trying to get the kids to eat more veggies.)

L is taking the kids to a movie this evening while I work late. Lazy day tomorrow. We'll probably hit up the pool. Sunday we're going to a co-worker's house on the bay to go boating/swimming/eating crabs.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love that I am really strong, even when I'm not fit.  It makes me feel capable.  People often say I'm funny, which is odd to me, since I don't feel I'm funny, but I get it a lot.  And third, I feel good knowing that I'm good at fixing things and getting stuff done.  Basically, I love a good problem and finding its solution.  
    Mushrooms! Does that count?  It is a fungus, I guess, but in the veggie section.  I like them sautéed in butter with salt and pepper.  I can eat about 2 lbs of them at a sitting.  It grosses out my DW.
    My boss is going to announce that I'm the hire for the position at my church. It's really strange to say I work at a church, but I do.  We also have a potluck dinner with our friends, who all have kids.  We do it about every 2 weeks and it is one of my favorite events.  We have babysitters and we talk about grownup stuff.  People BTOB and it is fantastic.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    CageyMackCageyMack member
    edited July 2014
    @JGY - It is really reassuring to hear your day with Gabe sounds so much like mine with W.  He wears me  out.  Completely.  I feel like such failure so many days when I'm just struggling to get through them.  It hasn't helped that it is 85 degrees in our house.  I checked on a thermometer yesterday and it really is.  

Thanks for sharing your real life. :) 

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options
    1. I'm very organized. At work I've got the most organized/clean classroom (and this isn't an opinion, people have commented to me about it before lol)

Photography is a favorite hobby of mine and people always tell me I take really good pictures.

I'm very family oriented. I'm very close to my mom and my sister and we hang out because we want to, not because we have to lol

2. Tough question. I've been into asparagus lately.... And does avacado count as a veggie? Cause I love that stuff!

3. Nothing that I'm aware of. I'm sure I'll go shopping at some point because we're almost out of cat and dog food, but it's one of those rare weekends where we have no plans.
  • Options
    1. I'm smart (I got the common sense gene! YAY!)) , funny and super 'capable' of just about anything I set my mind out to do! As an oldest child I think some of this is just 'in there' and I like these things about myself.

2. Asparagus (spring/summer) brussels sprouts (fall/winter)

3. RELAXING! I hope. But not really. Acupuncture, yoga, IF counselor on Saturday; large/long list of tasks on Sunday! But next week is my last week of work so I am inspired! :)

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    JGYJGY member

@CageyMack it IS exhausting, isn't it?  I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it's definitely tougher than I ever thought it would be.

I'm sorry you guys are dealing with such oppressive heat.  Best thing I ever did was have A/C installed before moving into my house.  Unfortunately that only helps the inside though, which is really not baby-proofed enough.  So we end up outside a ton (which is better in many other ways as well).

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    1. I'm creative in many different ways. I sing and write songs, I'm a web designer and a photographer. People say I have a pretty good voice and that my work is pretty good too :).

I'm pretty good at calming other people down in stressful situations (me not so much haha)

I'm pretty organized with my finances. I didn't used to be, but I'm finally meeting some of my financial goals.

2. Anything but carrots, blegh. I love mushrooms though!

3. T and I are going to head into downtown Seattle for a bit. I'm going to meet with a producer to finally get some songs completed that I've been working on for a year or so.
    TTC History 
    First IUI: 7/7/2014 - 7/21/2014 BFP!!
    8/15/14 - 7 weeks 5 days EP :(

• Options
    1. To contrast my confessions… I'm incredibly confident that my son will feel and experience and know the incredible amount of love, support, and affection I have for him.  I'm an outwardly affectionate and loving person to my friends and family, which I think is lovely.  Another strength of character I have is recognizing my weaknesses, acknowledging my mistakes, being able to apologize for them, and commit to doing better.

2. Brussel sprouts!!! I had never eaten a brussel sprout until just a few years ago, and I can't get enough now.  My parents never cooked them for us when we were growing up.  I doubt our grocery stores back home even sold fresh brussels back then.
    3. We went out for dinner last night, which was a big disappointment.  We went to a place that I have eaten at before and liked, but my meal was incredibly greasy.  Oh well.  Earlier in the week I told Z that I needed some time to myself on Saturday morning, so she took Ash with her on a run this morning.  I'm now piddling around the house all by lonesome and it's awesome.  I'll also add that my child slept 8.5 hours straight last night for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!!! Of course, I was awake at 1am and 4am wondering why he hadn't woken up, but it's progress!  I finally bought him an amber necklace and put it on him yesterday afternoon - wondering if it's a coincidence or a magic necklace.  Hmmm…..  Moving on - We have Ash's swim lesson later today, then Z's family will be back in town this afternoon.  Tomorrow will be our usual Sunday - family run/walk, brunch, farmer's market, grocery, cooking.  

I didn't PIP this week, but here's one of Bama and Ash getting ready for the weekend!
  • Options

- good singer
    -pretty hair
    -great friend/super sweet

What is your favorite vegetable? Corn-on-the-cob

3. What's up this weekend? Pregnancy Purge as I will be calling it. Starting in our closet, we will be sorting and packing away clothes. From there it is onto the other 2 bedrooms.

A trip to "Outback" is likely to happen as well. ;)

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

1. I'm creative in many different ways. I sing and write songs, I'm a web designer and a photographer. People say I have a pretty good voice and that my work is pretty good too :).

I'm pretty good at calming other people down in stressful situations (me not so much haha)

I'm pretty organized with my finances. I didn't used to be, but I'm finally meeting some of my financial goals.

2. Anything but carrots, blegh. I love mushrooms though!

3. T and I are going to head into downtown Seattle for a bit. I'm going to meet with a producer to finally get some songs completed that I've been working on for a year or so.

I didn't realize you lived here too! Gorgeous day!!!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

1. What are three things you love about yourself, you are good at, special talent, things people compliment you on, or things that make you feel good about yourself? 1. I love my eyes. they change with what I wear. Probably the only body part I like. 2. I am good at reading people. It has helped me with my job (especially discipline and any other issues that arise). 3. I love working with animals and it makes me happy that we have helped rescue so many and we get to see them excel in their new homes 
    2. What is your favorite vegetable? I love veggies---mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower are threeof my favs. Then there is grilled zucchini. I could honestly eat veggies all day
    3. What's up this weekend? well, I am filling this out late b/c we were in the hospital for the past two days with my SIL as she was giving birth to our nephew. He is perfect and beautiful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options
    - I have an amazing imagination and have since I was a kid.
    - I am really patient and understanding, with my kids and other people
    - I have a youthful face

2. What is your favorite vegetable?  Cauliflower

3. What's up this weekend? Saturday we went to a co-ed baby shower for a friend who is due in the end of August. It was the most beautifully decorated party I've ever been too (including some weddings). Straight out of pinterest, with burlap, mason jars and flowers.  We had an amazing time but I'll share more about that later this week.  Today we're meeting up with our friend R and her partner in the East Bay for lunch. R was also our midwife or K & O's births.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"