November 2014 Moms
Options

To Epidural or not to epidural

13»

Re: To Epidural or not to epidural

• Options
    I havent voted because Im not really sure what is going to happen.  Right now Im having high blood pressure and the meds arent doing anything to help bring it down.  They are already planning to induce me somewhere between 36-38 weeks.  I also have two budging discs in my back right around the area that they would be putting in the epi.  Im not sure that I can have an epi in that area, which means it would be higher than its suppose to be, which will make breathing more difficult. I'm really lost as a FTM as to what Im going to experience, they are pretty sure that this is going to develop into preeclampsia.  Would it be better to get the epi even if its going to be placed higher in my back? Help please!!
  • Options
    thanks @lissydee.  Dr on monday to see if they need to change anything with my bp meds.  They are consulting maternal/fetal medicine to see if there is anything else they can do.  Just trying to say calm right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did natural with DS. I had gone in with every intent of going natural, but it sucked. At one point the nurse told me that once I was unable to sit for a half hour, epi was no longer an option. within 5 min I was at the point that sitting was out. Once she made it clear I was on my own, the pain was not near as bad. That was at the 20 hour mark... I will do it again, but I am going in this time with it not being an option (at least in my mind) I know I can go without, and I still don't like the idea of something in my spine.
    "Live, Laugh, Love"

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"