April 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Prompted by FB discussion, and posted with the caveat that YES I am biased because I have a healthcare education. And NO this is not directed at anyone, it is a general comment and an ongoing internal annoyance. But here goes: it drives me bonkers when people bring LO to the ER for a fever. The ER is for emergencies. If the doctor and nurse is tied up with a kid with a fever and a viral illness, and my kid who is gasping for air waits one nanosecond longer than he has to as a result, my blood will boil.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: FFFC

• Options
    DH and I polished off two bottles of wine last night and I feel like crap! Ugh what was I thinking?!?! I need a nap but I have to pack for our beach trip which we are leaving for tomorrow morning at 6 am.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    skidderdo said:
    Prompted by FB discussion, and posted with the caveat that YES I am biased because I have a healthcare education. And NO this is not directed at anyone, it is a general comment and an ongoing internal annoyance. But here goes: it drives me bonkers when people bring LO to the ER for a fever. The ER is for emergencies. If the doctor and nurse is tied up with a kid with a fever and a viral illness, and my kid who is gasping for air waits one nanosecond longer than he has to as a result, my blood will boil.
    So, I was always always told that if a fever was over 104 they NEEDED to go into the ER (if after hours, otherwise just pedi office), but then last week when I had James at the doc for a 103 temp and cough, the doc said "no, you don't really need to bring them in for a fever, just give advil or tylenol to keep it down - if he starts ACTING strange, then go in, but there really isn't a dangerous "fever" point.  I had no idea.  So I think it is a common misconception!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kate_C said:
    I think it's crazy how often people go to the ER just in general for things that aren't really emergencies.  I think of ER as for a heart attack or seizure or something like that - not a UTI or bronchitis.  Use urgent care for after hours issues and leave the ER for actual trauma/emergent cases.  And @saxchloe - it boggles my mind that people abuse the ER even with free health care. 

My confession: I have totally fallen off the exercise/weight loss bandwagon.  I am a glutton and I feel gross.  Also I had boxed red wine on ice last night because I wanted a cold beverage.  I judge myself for that one. 
    I will add to this, being on another BMB now and at the tail end of the 1st trimester for most of us, I am really surprised how many people go to the ER for spotting/light bleeding.  If you are really concerned call your doctor (but honestly that is probably just for your peace of mind).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My confession: I have totally fallen off the exercise/weight loss bandwagon.  I am a glutton and I feel gross.  Also I had boxed red wine on ice last night because I wanted a cold beverage.  I judge myself for that one. 

We only had red at the house last night...so i put in an ice cube in my glass :-\"
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Also don't call the police for dumb reasons, like barking dogs or annoying neighbors. They have more important things to deal with usually.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    Kate_CKate_C member

skidderdo said:

My brother is an ER physician and this is probably one of his major gripes.  That and people shoving stuff up their asses. 

OMG. A coworker has a friend who did an ER stint. One guy had an entire lava lamp up the rear. Owwww.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"