Third-Party Reproduction

Transfer date set

Yesterday I received my calendar for our transfer.  We're going to transfer 1 PGD tested 5 day embie on 9/18, if it works we'll be due 6/06/2015 (just in time for Father's Day).  I'm so excited for my IP's. We just sent our completed contract with signatures out yesterday!  The only issue we're running up against at the moment is making sure that my insurance will work.  Months ago when we started this process I read the exclusions as it won't cover my surrogate if I'm the IP, but it will cover me as a surrogate (and the agency agreed).  After taking a closer look this week, I started to question since it not only lists "Gestational carrier programs" which I take to mean the agency fee, but also "surrogate parenting".  The agency I'm working with has their own insurance person that reviews policies, and also a contact of a lawyer that's an insurance guru and will get us a 100% definite answer, hopefully we know later this week.  IM asked what it would mean if my insurance won't work, I told her the options were, find a new surro (said she doesn't want to), get a separate policy, purchase a surro specific policy, or risk it with a cash pay and hope I don't end up on hospital bed rest (but with transferring 1, there's a higher chance of no issues).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL

Re: Transfer date set

  • Glad you got a transfer date!
    So exciting!

    I hope that the insurance issue gets worked out, it is crazy how much we have to wade through...

    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

    GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

    Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!


  • GL! How exciting. Best wishes to you. I personally would not risk it with cash pay for OB care. I had a singleton pregnancy and ended up with a freak complication, not related to age, health, just random. Two weeks of hospital bedrest and delivery was around $150k! Thank goodness for insurance.

    DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

    Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

    Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

    Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

    Likely OAD- NBC

  • Loading the player...
  • edited July 2014
    Congrats on the calendar! And thank you from an IP. GC's rock!

    Fingers crossed on the insurance crapola. How would they know by the way - do doctors file with something coded to identify you as a surrogate?
  • And that fast it's up in the air again. My IP's have decided to switch clinics after a few issues, so we'll be getting a new calendar from a new clinic soon. Apparently we should still cycle around the same time, but the date may not be the same. Wish us luck for a smooth process.

    ITA Chicagobride, if it's a 100% smooth pg with no complications then it's not an issue, but one little complication could be financially devastating.  Hopefully we know soon.  We were hoping for an answer by the end of this week, now we're thinking early next week.

    bettyboop, there's no coding, but if it was found out and ends up not being covered, my IP's would owe so much money it's not even funny.  Hopefully it'll all be covered, but I want to make double sure while we still have time to change things rather than when I'm pg and it's too late.

    GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards