Multiples

2nd trimester questions

I'm getting closer to second tri and so happy to be almost done with first tri!   I have noticed that my morning sickness and the constant peeing is already a bit better.  I am however EXHAUSTED and I was wondering if like those having singletons does your energy bounce back at all.

Everyone keeps telling me "oh you will love second trimester you will feel great.. " I am wondering is that is true when you are carrying multiples... did you find second tri much better in terms of how you felt?
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: 2nd trimester questions

• I felt better as far as morning sickness went, but I was still pretty tired most of the time. Your body is growing two babies so it has to work pretty hard. I also started getting pretty sore during 2nd trimester. My ribs started to expand for the growing babies inside and I could hardly sleep most nights because my ribs hurt so bad! It wasnt all bad though! I loved getting bigger every week and still being cute pregnant, not hugely pregnant yet. Im sure its different for everyone though! 

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for asking this! I've been wondering the same thing- though I do sometimes get nauseated if I don't eat every 2 hours.  I really hope some of the fatigue will go away soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • For me 2nd trimester meant I lost the all day sickness and was less tired but not my normal self either. My appetite has definitely increased as my boys have grown though at 28 weeks now it seems that I've got less room in there so more frequent and smaller meals for me unless I want to be uncomfortable and have some awesome reflux. Starting to get tired again, sometimes short of breath and I've got some swelling in the feet and legs but the boys look great on ultrasound and we're getting relatively close to the end now:).
  • Yeah, no. I've had both a singleton and twins and I didn't get that second tri burst of energy at all. I felt perpetually hung over until around 16w when the vicious heartburn kicked into overdrive. You also do get much bigger much faster. I wasn't noticeably pg at 13-16w but by 22-24w, I was prob measuring around 30w.

I'm sure some of it was due to working FT while caring for a toddler but carrying twins takes a toll on your body.

• I had a horrible first trimester this time. In fact I remember writing a post about being so tired I didn't know how I was going to survive, and felt I was neglecting my toddler. Then I got to week 12 (maybe) and things were 100 got a hundred times better. I still feel pretty good right now, tired here and there but for the most part pretty good. Hopefully it lasts a little while longer.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• I had been super tired and nauseous during my first tri but never threw up, then the first week of my second tri threw up... but then it got worlds better!  I've had so much more energy, have an appetite most of the time and feel much more like my self.  Every couple of weeks I'll get especially uncomfortable for a day or two but then once my body adjusts I feel better.  I do have carpal tunnel now due to the swelling, but other than that can't complain at this point (24 weeks)!  Hope all goes well for you!
  • I'm 18 weeks now and I'm not as exhausted and overall icky feeling as I was during the first tri. However, now I'm breathless and have lower back pain too.
  • At 12 or 13 weeks my nausea started to go away, and now at 16 weeks I feel like my energy has returned to nearly pre-pregnancy levels. I realize this will change again as I get further along, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts! I've felt really good for the past few weeks (knock on wood!)

• saskysasky member
    I wouldn't say there was a burst of energy, but I definitely felt better, both physically and emotionally. People would ask how I was feeling and I'd respond honestly, "Pretty good actually!" I could not say the same in first or third tri.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• I'm entering third trimester now and my morning sickness improved and that pure exhaustion improved some (but not much).  It seemed to go in spurts- some days I could do more than others, some days I laid around a lot.  The pelvic pain is a doozy toward the mid-end of second trimester.  Beware! ;)

Congratulations for making into the second trimester!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was fortunate enough to not experience morning sickness/nausea, but I was extremely tired most of my pregnancy. I seemed to bounce out of it at 19 weeks and felt great. However, by 22 weeks the exhaustion was back .
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member
    1blueridgemama  is the pelvic pain like an achy feeling in the hip area or is this in the uterine area? 

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• I'm glad some ladies had it easier in the 2nd tri, but I. Did. Not.  At. All.  
    I had horrible all-day sickness until near the middle of the 2nd tri, but was tired and huge until I gave birth.  Sorry.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • @ksgsmu The pelvic pain is in the groin area.  It can get intense from all the shifting and loosening of the ligaments.  I remember SOME of that with previous pregnancy but it was toward the end and not this intense.  OB said it's pretty typical with twins and starts earlier.  Our bodies have a LOT of adjusting to do to prepare to deliver these babies!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

• I'm still vomiting each morning at almost 22 weeks. Some days I have energy, some days no... The achiness also comes and goes. I also have reflux which is yucky...

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• ksgsmuksgsmu member
    Mrs.McIrish so sorry you are still vomiting! 

1blueridgemama  I think I had that last night and then again today... it as more in the upper groin and sometimes over to the side.  It scared me!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"