November 2013 Moms
Options

50 Shades of Grey movie

So the movie will hit theaters on Valentine's Day. I bet November 2015 will welcome a lot of babies if the movie makes everyone as horny as the books did!

What do y'all think about the trailer?

I think it looks good, but I'm sort of disappointed in their choice for Christian.

:::sigh::::

Re: 50 Shades of Grey movie

• Options
    Disappointed with the casting. I won't bother seeing it.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read the books. I wanted to see what all the hype was about, and I have this thing about needing to finish something when I start reading. I didn't read these books expecting to stumble upon a literary masterpiece, but I was entertained. 

I don't know what to think of the guy who plays Christian. I feel like his face is kind of plain, lacking something remarkable. He looks kind of average. Not bad, though, just not what I was expecting. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Read the book as Twilight fanfic while it was being written (I can't believe I admit that).  The book is so god awful and reads like it is written by a 16 year old, but the storyline is interesting (but way overdone).  

I am sure I will see it when it releases to dvd, but I really really hate the casting.  I am a huge fan of Robert Pattinson and can only see him in the role, but I would NEVER EVER have wanted him to even CONSIDER this movie.  Both actors were seem so unremarkable in the trailer. 

Beyonce's remake of Crazy in Love is so totally awesome though.  I need to rewatch the trailer with my eyes closed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They should have cast EJ from Days of Our Lives.  I was so disappointed. 
  • Options
    JoeLies said:
    Forget 50 Shades, I'm excited for Gone Girl.  And I'm not a Ben Affleck fan in the slightest.
    Same.  Loved the book, can't wait to see the movie!

• Options
    I don't like who they picked for Christian. Or the girl. I liked the guy who was originally supposed to portray him much better. However, the whole time I read the book I pictured Johnathan Rhys Meyers because his character in The Tudors reminds me of Christian Grey.

I'll definitely see it. Yeah, the books were poorly written but I read them and I LIKED IT!!!
    =D>
  • Options
    2013JEM said:

50 Shades of Grey may or may not have played a part In H's conception ;) . So yes, I'm a fan. Awful writing and all!

However, Eric from True Blood is my Mr Grey, I found the trailer hard to watch :(. I am also not impressed with Anastasia, she is too awkward looking. I was thinking more along the lines of the next Kiera Knightly or Rachel McAdams....

I can totally see Eric from True Blood as well due to his ahole-ishness (that's a word) at first on True Blood!!
  • Options
    sands42 said:
    I don't like who they picked for Christian. Or the girl. I liked the guy who was originally supposed to portray him much better. However, the whole time I read the book I pictured Johnathan Rhys Meyers because his character in The Tudors reminds me of Christian Grey. I'll definitely see it. Yeah, the books were poorly written but I read them and I LIKED IT!!! =D>
    Oooo I love him. He'd be a great Christian. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So you guys suck, I'm totally reading the books now after resisting for years and I am hooked! It's shitty writing that I can't stop myself from consuming. It's not Friday, but lets be real, this is why I'm not around tb this week!
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    I never read the book, but I did read Jenny reads 50 Shades of Grey, which is hilarious. I'm now reading her 50 Shades Darker recaps. The trailer looks terrible but I do love that version of Crazy in Love.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"