January 2015 Moms

Sushi

I'm on cloud nine! My OB gave me the green flag for sushi from reputable places. Mmmmmmmmmm. Bring on the rainbow rolls and salmon sushi.
imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sushi

• i didn't bother asking my OB...the literature the nurse gave me says "no" (and no to everything else discussed on these boards, except soft-serve ice cream).  i get it so rarely though, and only ever from reputable places, that i went ahead and met friends for sushi when i was about 10w.  if i'm lucky, i'll have sushi once more before LO arrives.  probably won't happen though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • I've been eating cooked sushi (shrimp tempora and california rolls) from the beginning and couldn't live without it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I crave sushi ALL OF THE TIME!  When I went home a few weeks ago I went to our favorite place and had mostly cooked rolls (which I never do...I love the raw stuff) but then I did have a few pieces of DH's salmon and scallop rolls...it was divine!  We are too new to the area we live now for me to "test" out new places.  We've tried a few before becoming pregnant, but I  haven't been that impressed.  I can't wait to go home again!!

Ha!  DH is already well aware that when he leaves the hospital after this LO is born to shower/check on our dogs...he will be returning with sushi which I will consume immediately (and have no plans of sharing).  I could care less about the whole deli meat scare as I don't like lunch meat....but no sushi kills me!  I pretend I never see things about soft-serve.  9 months without sushi and frozen yogurt, unacceptable

;)

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm vegetarian and have been eating veggie rolls since the beginning of the pregnancy. It's one of the only things I would eat for a while there (can't stand the smell of cooked food - still!)

Many many of my friends doctors have told them that if its a nice, clean place that it's fine to eat it. 
  • ktkoala said:
    I've been eating cooked sushi (shrimp tempora and california rolls) from the beginning and couldn't live without it.

cooked sushi doesn't do it for me. I've been eating California rolls, too, but it isn't the same.
    imageimageimage
  • My OB told this to me a couple weeks ago. I'm just now posting it....probably because I'm craving it right now. Anyway, he told me that I was much more likely to get listeria from fruits than sushi. Crazy.
    imageimageimage
  • yeah...i love shrimp tempura rolls, but cooked alone doesn't do it for me.  spicy tuna is my favorite (although i know i need to be careful with tuna too, boo).  NOM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • emmyg65 said:
    Lucky! My midwife told me not just to avoid sushi, but also not to have burgers at McDonalds anymore. I just smiled and nodded. "Mmhmm, yes, sure..."

I have no problem avoiding McDs. Maybe that should be my OP today. I think their food is nastier beyond nasty. I'd just rather have In n Out.
    imageimageimage
  • sanbrysanbry member
    I avoid the raw sushi bc most of what I eat has tuna in it, but I have had an amazing baked salmon roll this pregnancy and it totally hit the spot. It's one of my faves pregnant or not.
  • This post now makes me want sushi for dinner tonight...I might just have to do that now...
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• emmyg65 said:
    emmyg65 said:
    Lucky! My midwife told me not just to avoid sushi, but also not to have burgers at McDonalds anymore. I just smiled and nodded. "Mmhmm, yes, sure..."

I have no problem avoiding McDs. Maybe that should be my OP today. I think their food is nastier beyond nasty. I'd just rather have In n Out.
    My sporadic fast food habit would get awfully expensive if I started flying to the West Coast for my burgers. :)
    The nursery is still a guest room right now. That will help cut down the costs :)
    imageimageimage
  • I love sushi. I'm picky about the raw sushi I eat even when I'm not pregnant, but Man! I start craving tuna sashimi and Ama ebi as soon as I get pregnant. It's like a joke :(
  • How would the OB.................

• I'm sticking to cooked sushi.  I'm too scared of parasitic infection, histamine toxins, or bacteria from uncooked fish.  I'm such a foodie, so between that and having to order my steak well done, I'm thinking I should just become a vegetarian while I'm preggo. 

Baby boy due January 10

• JaDaRJaDaR member
    All I want is a big plate of salmon sashimi....and maybe a little bottle of chilled sake to go with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"