2»

Re: Healthy eating check in!

• Options
    sweett11 said:

Sex counts as a workout right?

Totally ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

THEY HAD CUPCAKES AT WORK YESTERDAY AND I RESISTED!!!! Whew, I barely made it, guise!

Impressive! Allll I wanted was chocolate yesterday. You are stronger than me :)
  • Options
    Alright everyone. How did your weekend go?

Mine was okay. I had a piece of cake on Saturday though
  • Options
    Not as well as I would like, but not a total washout. I did pretty good with portion control, but only ate a salad once and an apple once. I'm trying for at least 3 fruits/veggies daily to start.
  • Options
    I couldn't resist the sweets this weekend. But LO and I did do our first true walk/run yesterday and it was nearly 3 miles, so baby steps right? I also ordered my FitBit and it is supposed to arrive today and I am soo excited! I have been looking at getting one for over a year and I had gotten a gift card to cover most of it for Christmas, but never ordered it until last week.

Not bumping on The Bump anymore

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Great Support, Great Conversations, and more than just Cloth Diapering at our new home

• Options
    Not too bad, yesterday we went to a birthday party and had dinner with my family. Had a small piece of ice cream cake, I couldn't resist but I didn't have any pop and I didn't have as many chips as I would have liked to (ate about 50 baby carrots to avoid eating chips). Next weekend has me quite anxious now, my town has its big yearly celebration with lots of food trucks (mmmm mini donuts) and now we have company coming.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I ate terrible this weekend!  I really struggle on the weekends, especially since we eat out a lot.  I keep telling DH I want to limit our eating out to 1 meal per week to both eat healthier meals and save money but he resists a lot.  I'm hoping as LO gets a little more difficult to bring to a restaurant, he will finally agree.  I know I could make healthier choices at restaurants, so it's really no excuse, but it would just be more helpful to me if we ate at home more.  I'm also struggling right now because we are living with my parents.  We are limited in our refrigerator/freezer and pantry space for food so I find myself not buying a lot of things for meals because I have nowhere to put it.  I have high hopes that I will be able to really commit to eating well once we're in our new house in 2 months.  On the plus side, I did buy a jogging stroller on clearance at Target for $50 this weekend.  As soon as we're in our house and it's not stifling hot here in Florida, I plan on using it daily!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been "starting" my period for days and all I want to do is eat and sleep. I did ok this weekend but not great.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I decided to sub my usual gr beef tacos for chicken tacos. So do you usually put beans in a chicken taco as well? I love having 2 "proteins" in each meal and beans (of many kinds) are my go to.
    Eta each meal is at least 2 proteins, a veggie a fruit and a starch.
  • Options
    @pash have you tried ground turkey tacos? They are good and you make them the same as regular tacos.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

@pash have you tried ground turkey tacos? They are good and you make them the same as regular tacos.

That's totally our dinner tonight!
  • Options
    Damn it phone! I had a response typed out and it ate it and restarted.

Anyway, I have had ground turkey tacos. They ARE yummy. I made chicken last night and have leftovers so I was looking for a recipe with that.
  • Options
    Here is a nice illustration to help figure out how your plate should be divided.
  • Options
    Also, it's really easy to put too much pressure on ourselves. And to set too many rules. Remember to think of food as food. There is no such thing as a bad food or a good food. Moderation is what matters. And just because you mess up once or even more during the day doesn't mean you failed. And you are not defined by your weight or what you eat or how much you exercise.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kmallikarjuna/9-fitspiration-posters-corrected?sub=2710015_1878736&s=mobile
  • Options
    Has anyone ever had chia pudding? I found recipes on Pinterest and it sounds yummy.
    I've had chia pudding teas at a Japanese restaurant and love them. Chia seeds are supposed to have benefits.
  • Options

Has anyone ever had chia pudding? I found recipes on Pinterest and it sounds yummy.
    I've had chia pudding teas at a Japanese restaurant and love them. Chia seeds are supposed to have benefits.

I can't handle the texture of chia seeds. But I've heard good things about pudding with them. :)

I'm trying to make the banana/peanut butter "ice cream" tonight :)
  • Options
    @mamagplus4chix‌ I am an emotional eater as well. There are ways to help separate your emotions from eating. A couple really helpful books are "woman, god and food" which has a slightly more spiritual undertone, and "the "rules" of normal eating" this one is my favorite and helps you distinguish between hunger and difficult emotions.
  • Options
    @mamagplus4chix‌ that's where I'm at as well. I gained 50-60 lbs after my mom passed away 7 years ago and I'm still holding on to all of it. So technically I'm below pre preg weight but it's still not a good weight. But I don't want Kahlan to view her body and weight the way I did. My first diet was in middle school. The first time I did weight watchers was in 8th grade. I want her to not worry about food the way I always have. If I can avoid it, I do not want to be the reason she ever wants to lose weight. My mom was a huge reason I eat the way I do and diet the way I always have. Because she was the same way and I saw that.

(Sorry, mobile and insanely long paragraph)
  • Options
    Grilled zucchini? I do a corn on the cob on the grill.
  • Options
    sweett11 said:

I got brats for the guys and chicken sausage for me. I thought of doing corn on the cob or zucchini fritters? Grilled potato wedges? Tell me what sounds good to you.

I'm drooling over the corn. Put some olive oil on it and sprinkle with pepper. Then grill. Awesome!
  • Options
    Soo,,, Ben and Jerry's was on sale... so I bought a lot.... but am doing very well on not eating it all at once! I count that as a win. I also started 30day abs challenge tonight. And when we ate out at dinner yesterday I chose one of the special "healthy" selections.

@ameegee do you have any tips?? Specifically- what are some ways to comfort/relax yourself when you are sad/stressed besides food, and what are some ways to reward yourself that are not food?
  • Options

@ameegee do you have any tips?? Specifically- what are some ways to comfort/relax yourself when you are sad/stressed besides food, and what are some ways to reward yourself that are not food?

I have a feeling I'm gonna need this too. DH is being an ass and I am really stressed and emorional right now.

And my yesterday ended at midnight and today began at 3. Thanks asshole.
  • Options
    @notthecheat‌ @pashedmotatoes‌ I had a huge issue for a long time of rewarding myself with food. But I've switched to rewarding myself with small things that I want. Like makeup or magazines or books. Cheap because money can be an issue for us but something I want.

I also have a huge addiction to sugar, I'm currently back sliding a bit but I've improved greatly. I slowly stopped eating certain foods and it's really helping me feel like I'm not a slave to food anymore.

To distress, I *try* to read, watch tv shows that make me laugh or make me happy in some way. Talking really helps. I also have gotten a couple pedicures with a friend when I'm really stressed. I have PPA so stress comes very easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"