Working Moms

Would you pick him up?

sorry for the 2 quick posts in a row.

DC just called me.....DS woke up from his name with green discharge in his eyes. They cleaned it and it just came back and one eye is red. They said its not terrible, no need to pick him up but they wanted me to be aware. I am an hour away from him and usually pick him up around 530pm...would you leave work now and get him in case i need to take him to the dr tonight? His eyes have been tearing the last few days, but he hasnt seemed bothered by it and I assumed it was allergies because they werent red or anything....ahhhh never ending.

Re: Would you pick him up?

• aglennaglenn member
    I probably would pick him up, but that is in part because DS has had pinkeye about a thousand times so I would assume that's what it is, and know that he'd have to be on eye drops for at least 24 hours before he can go back to daycare...so the sooner the clock starts on that the better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't have to bring DS in to the doctor for possible pink eye.  They ask questions over the phone and call in a RX.  Call your pedi and see if it sounds like pink eye and if they will call something in. 

It could just be congestion.  I would probably not pick him up unless the pedi wants to see him (after you call them to confirm).
  • Loading the player...
  • I did pick DS up when DC reported those symptoms and took him straight to the doctor so we could start meds. It was pink eye and you have to be on antibiotics 24 hours before going back to DC. So I'd get him so I could get a jump on things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• Let me clarify.  If the doctor thought it was pink eye and wouldn't prescribe over the phone, I would go get him.  

I would call your pedi first though because you may not have to go into their office.  Maybe I am just lucky that mine will prescribe the ointment over the phone.
  • It is probably pink eye. Call the pedi.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Coming in late- but wanted to share our experience. With DD2's first ear infection, this was our only symptom, yellowish green goop in the eyes, no other symptoms except some mild extra fussiness. (no fever, no ear pulling, etc). I'd take him in to be evaluated.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies. I wound up calling the pedi-and the only office they could get me into  (they have offices in 6 different towns) was one that is almost 30 minutes from us. SO i left work, picked him up...his eyes were terrible - i am so surprised at DC for not insisting I get him, and now i am sure that is where he got it because they probably didnt insist the last child leave either!  They are usually better at that when it comes to fevers/belly issues, etc.  Turns out to be pink eye in both eyes and a double ear infection. So we are on meds and drops. DH stayed home with him today...I will probably stay home with him tomorrow just to give it more time but ill play the day by ear and see how he does. Poor thing! Now fingers crossed that we dont get it....

• @djm31012 oh man! Hope your little guy feels better soon! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"