Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Which Suv is better?

vmast07vmast07 member
edited July 2014 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
We are looking to trade our car for an suv and I figured this is the best place to get mommy feedback and opinions. If you can you can also leave comment with opinions.Tia! :-)

Which Suv is better? 19 votes

Chevy Traverse
21% 4 votes
GMC Acadia
78% 15 votes

Re: Which Suv is better?

• Options
    I personally would not get an American car ever again. I had a Ford Explorer. It was horrible. Luckily it recently CAUGHT ON FIRE and I finally broke down and got a new car. I voted for Acadia... they seem to be a bit more family friendly. 

We just got a Honda Pilot and I love it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know if I would consider a GMC after all the recalls they have been having. I heard about a new one today that affects older GMC's too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RAV4... Love mine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    tig594tig594 member
    Neither.  Buy a Jeep.
  • Options
    =Lee=B=Lee=B member
    edited July 2014
    Keep in mind most RAV4's (not positive which years but I believe the newer ones) are only 4 people vehicles as the middle seat belt overlaps the outer belt in back.  You can only fit 2 car seats and or people in the back. 

• Options
    I have heard so many terrible stories about the Acadia and Traverse (same car really) about engines blowing on brand new suv's and with all the recalls.  Go with the Honda Pilot!
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    Neither. I'm getting a Hyundai Santa Fe soon. Can't beat that reliability and warranty. Plus it's a really nice car with a low price.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

I don't know if I would consider a GMC after all the recalls they have been having. I heard about a new one today that affects older GMC's too.

I think that's just for a bolt in the drivers seat. Lots of cars get recalled but GMC are pretty reliable, good cars for the most part :)

That's what I read and the dealerships are to replace them.
  • Options
    =Lee=B said:
    Keep in mind most RAV4's (not positive which years but I believe the newer ones) are only 4 people vehicles as the middle seat belt overlaps the outer belt in back.  You can only fit 2 car seats and or people in the back. 
    Mine is a 2010, and I've had 3 adults sitting comfortably in the back with seatbelts. Rear facing car seats can't go in the middle, but a forward facing one can. Not sure about the newest model.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    honeydew01honeydew01 member
    edited July 2014

I have an older Toyota Highlander. My husband got it at a car auction and fixed it up for us.  It's pretty roomy and nice. We can fit DD and 3 adults plus the driver. My dad has a RAV4, it's definitely smaller than the highlander and with DD, it's hard to fit 2 adults comfortably in the back seat. It's possible but tight and uncomfortable.

We have looked at upgrading our SUV and we are going with Hyundai Santa Fe soon. I think now they should have the ones with the 3rd row seat. When we were looking at them last year, the ones with the 3rd row seats were not out yet. My husband is a car guy so he does all his research and knows ins and outs of them. I think for the price and warranty the Santa Fe is a good option.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. My husband will only buy chevy or gm.
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

My big thing about the smaller SUV's is that if you have multiple kids, even just 2 in car seats, there isn't room for any other passengers besides the driver and front passenger. There's no room in the back. I am pregnant with #2 and have a SS in addition to DS so we needed something with a 3rd row but didn't want to go big like with a Suburban.

Do your research and test drive a bunch of cars but I think you'll find that GMC is a very reliable brand, just like Honda and Toyota.

We definitely need something with 3 rows which both have. We have a Malibu now and it's way too small.
  • Options
    I asked my husband which he'd pick between the two you posted and he said they are basically the same thing just different appearances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"