Babies on the Brain

Testing with a short LP

Hi Ladies! I'm new to TheBump but am excited to get to know you all! I had a question regarding when I should POAS if I have a short LP (About 9 Days).  Right now I'm at 4 DPO and with the FRPR it says I could test up to 6 days before AF. I was thinking of waiting til 4 days before (where there is 96% accuracy) but that still just puts me at 6 DPO... thoughts? 

Re: Testing with a short LP

• I temped for dd2 ( haven't started yet to ttc #3). I had about a 10 day lp. I generally watched my temps, and if they stayed up by day 10 I'd test. So basically I waited until the day of my expected period. Seems like 6dpo is a bit too soon to me.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Hi--yes; I've been temping since November and have really clear spikes when I ovulate.  I also confirm the date with OPKs.  I suppose the accuracy percentages for the PT are based on an average cycle--so 4 days before AF would be 10 DPO for the 'average' woman.  Looks like I'll be waiting longer to test. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always heard that 10dpo is the earliest you can test
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• @Littleliverpill, you've described my cycle! I went to the doctor recently because I was worried about it and she decided to call my LP from the day I start ovulating to the day my temp starts to drop (even though I'm already spotting at that point).  She ran a couple of blood tests (TSH and lactin) to make sure those were normal (they were) but I from what I read I thought for sure she would test for Progesterone but she didn't. Anyways, from what she tested I look normal but I have the same question as you: if I already start spotting before implantation can occur...do we have a chance?  I think our question is scientifically grounded and a good one.

• When the test advertises "up to 6 days before your missed period," it is assuming that you have an average 14 day LP. With a 14 day LP, you get your period on 15 DPO which makes your missed period 16 DPO. That makes "6 days before your missed period" 10 DPO.

I wouldn't test before 10 DPO and even then it could be too early. For the most accurate results, wait until 14 DPO.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• I always start testing on 7 DPO and I have a 10 day LP. But it doesn't do me any good really. I feel that it's up to you. I don't mind seeing a BFN, I know I'm not out until my period shows and if I were pregnant I want to know as soon as possible!

The one time that I was pregnant though, I tested on 10 DPO and it was negative. I didn't get a positive until 14 DPO. I knew something was up because I've never had longer than a 10 day LP. Really it's better to wait, I just don't have the patience! If you can't wait, know that you aren't alone in wasting pee sticks!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 (my birthday!) MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

TTC #1 (Round 2): May 16, 2014 

Names | Blog | Chart

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• prinsesslolliprinsesslolli member
    edited July 2014
    Lots of great responses and info.  My LP was wonky this month, so we'll see if it was a fluke or if I need to be a little bit more diligent with temping next month.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"