Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

New mama from CA to Plano-need obgyn and pedi recs please! :)

Hey all! I'm a second time mama. We just moved from CA to Plano and I am currently 23 weeks pregnant with my second baby girl. My daughter is 17 months. I need a new pedi for her and an obgyn for myself. We have Cigna if that makes a difference. Any recommendations for either or both?? I've heard great things about big baylor. I want to go natural (vbac, my first born was c/s due to breech position).

I come from the Bay Area which is HUGE but being out here with no family and hardly any friends I feel so out of my element! Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks mamas!!

p.s
so irritated that no matter how much I update my siggy it doesnt change! grr.. lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New mama from CA to Plano-need obgyn and pedi recs please! :)

• Welcome! I used Dr Watts and loved her. She has privilages at Medical center of Plano. I had a great experience there. I don't live in plano, so I have no advice for a pedi.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• If you're open to going outside of Plano for a Doctor, I recommend Dr. Elizabeth Stevenson at Park Lane OB/GYN. She delivers at Baylor Downtown Dallas. I also live in Plano and find it more than worth it to drive to her. That hospital experience was incredible too -- wouldn't change a thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • I recently moved here from CA too :)  I LOVE my ob/gyn - Dr. Smith at Magnolia obgyn... she's in Dallas at Baylor, but it's worth the hike!  
  • For pediatricians in Plano, you can't go wrong with Willowbend Pediatrics. They are a super popular practice in West Plano but I believe that they are accepting new patients. I highly recommend Dr. Le

For OBGYNs, it's tough to find one since most are not accepting new patients. You can try Dr. Ghodsi at Northlake OBGYN - she started practicing there a couple of years ago and she might still have new patient slots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Great post. I live in plano and haven't selected a pedi yet so I will look into some of these recommendations.  My OBGYN is in McKinney, Adriatica Womens Health.  There are 4 OBs and 2 midwives in the office. They deliver at Baylor McKinney, Centennial Medical Center and Medical Center of McKinney.

• Dr Salter of Advanced OBGYN Associates in Richardson is my OB! He also did my mother's hysterectomy and oblation and works with my sister on her HPV stuff. He has privileges at four different hospitals one of which is Baylor. You should deffinantly check him out. I like all the doctors he works with which is important because he might not be the one to deliver your baby in the end.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Pediatric Associates of Dallas has an office on Communications Parkway in Plano (just off Parker).  We use Dr. Dunlap.  Love him, but all the doctors there are very nice. 

Re. OB - if you don't mind looking a little south, I really recommend Dr. Amy Sigman at Medical City Dallas.  She's wonderful. 

• I take my 3.5 month old to Willow Bend. I love Dr Le!
  • I use Advanced Women's Healthcare for my OB. I see Dr. Napier but my coworker uses Amy Sigman like pp. I love the practice and all the doctors there have been really nice.

I too am looking for a pedi.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • theoryofwhattheoryofwhat member
    edited December 2014
    My OB was Dr. Alexander from Health Central Women's Care. They're in Frisco, but Frisco is reallly close to Plano. He has privileges at Centennial Medical Center (I had my DD there and had a great experience); plus new moms and dads get a steak and lobster dinner together) as well as Baylor Frisco. A lot of people like to go the Baylor Frisco route- their birthing suites are awesome.

For a Pediatrician, we use Pediatric Place in Plano. They're really great and take their time answering questions.
  • I see Dr. Gwen Webster in Plano. Love her! I'm also looking to go the natural route, and was so happy that she seemed supportive of that. I also have Cigna and haven't had an issue.

Sadly, we're moving to Bedford in February so I'll be looking for a new OB.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"