Natural Birth
Options

March 2014 home birth moms?

Are there any moms on here that are due March 2014? I am due with our third baby in March! We have two boys that were both born at home! 

Re: March 2014 home birth moms?

• Options
    Hoping to HBAC!  DH say's he's "unimpressed" with the idea of home birth but I think it would have prevented a c/section with our first.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am due March 15 with 2hbac
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due 3/17 with my first.
  • Options
    I'm guessing you mean 2015 or is this an old thread?  Where are the dates on these things!?!?!

I'm due 3/20/15 and I'm debating the kind of birth I want.  I was hard set on going back to my hospital with my doctor because I loved the experience, but my doctor just informed me he's retiring.  We are also in the process of moving about 20 miles away.  Which is NBD (I was further away than that with my son), but this time I'm due in the middle of winter and am looking into local options.  There's a great birth center and midwife practice that also provides home birth that are covered by insurance, so I'm going to look into that more.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I'm due early February 2015 and not totally sure what we are doing yet. Next week I have 4 different appointments so hopefully seeing providers back to back will help us decide for sure. Our issue is we live in North Alabama where home birth is legal, but it is illegal to have a midwife attending. So there are our options:

- Hire a doula & go to a great hospital 10 minutes from home. OB is not natural birth friendly and there are not really any in my area that are. They are all large practices so you end up getting whoever is on call anyways. They all require IV insertion (not hooked up) and constant fetal monitoring with wireless monitor.
    - Travel to birth center 2 hours away but is 5 miles from very good hospital with NICU.
    -Travel to home birth center (not licensed birth center) with midwife 40 minutes away. It is 20 minutes for a hospital if something goes wrong. Good thing with this is the midwife is local, but she has to travel to TN for deliveries. 
    -Travel 1 hour to licensed birth center that is 15 minutes from local hospital, but 1+ hours from good hospital with NICU. 

It's our first birth. I am low risk, very healthy, and have been doing everything I can to remain that way. No one in my family has ever had a complicated birth, but I still worry that the difference of a 5 minute or 20 minute drive to the hospital could mean something bad for my baby if an emergency arises. There is just no way to know until the time comes. 

I am thankful we have the $ to allow for options, because I think cost is a lot of the reason women choose hospitals. My insurance is really good and has a $300 deductible and pays 90% after that. So hospital birth + doula ($550) would be about $1500. All midwife/home birth/birth center options will be $3000+ paid by 36 weeks but we are using an FSA to at least save the tax. It's so much to think about!!! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"