Blended Families
Options

Question about support in PA

DH currently pays child support for his 2 kids from his first marriage.  The oldest will be 18 in the fall and graduate in the spring.  How does this work with child support?  Will DH automatically get paperwork to change the amount?  Will it come when the child turns 18 or when the child graduates?  Is there any way we can keep the amount the same (it's really a guessing game as to whether it will go up or down)? And most importantly, if DH works overtime, will that affect the child support if/when it's recalculated?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Question about support in PA

• Options
     Honestly, what does your Court Order state?  Because that is where you answers on when it ends will be.   

As for the paperwork, that all depends on how your money exchange works.  Again, look in the Court Order or contact the agency that is handling the money for THEIR procedures.   
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    I have heard that it does not automatically stop. You have to bring your court order into Child Support Enforcement agency. Also like Illumine said read your court order to be sure it's not ordered past 18 years.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Child Support in pa lasts until the child is 18 or graduates from high school, whichever happens later.
  • Options
    Also, overtime is calculated as income for support.
  • Options
    My brother-in-law lives in Phila. County and his lawyer fought to keep overtime out of the calculations.  Since overtime was not guaranteed and the lawyer could prove a huge variance year to year it was not used.  So, the overtime can go either way - just to let you know.

As far as stopping child support - I believe you have to officially request it ends.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"