LGBT Parenting

TWW?!

Reading through threads about TWW, it just dawned on me that since we did our ICI last night, we are technically at the very beginning of our TWW. Crap. I hate these. And my better half is always like, "Don't stress! Don't think about it!" Saying not to think about it is the equivalent of tying a juicy burger just out of reach of someone who hasn't eaten in days, and then telling them to ignore it and not think about it....

The only thing making it slightly easier to ignore is the fact that I've already convinced myself this cycle was a bust. So essentially I'm not waiting to test, I'm just waiting to get my period. So in the mean time, I'm trying to study up and figure out what we can so better next time. Does anyone hear track their BBT? I'm curious what a full months tracking looks like and where I can find one. I'm not sure I'm going to do it just yet because I think it's just going to frustrate me, but I'd like to read up more about it before nixing it all together.

Re: TWW?!

• A lot of folks use Fertility Friend when tracking.  You can get a BBT at Wal Mart or any drug store.  I started doing that at one point, but stopped because my sleeping is all over the place.  I generally get up during the night to go to the bathroom and I don't always get up at the same time every day.  I did track with OPKs for a few months before we went to the RE and that was helpful, though I still preferred the trigger shot to take all the guess work out of it.  

If you don't like Fertility Friend, I used Woman Log.  Again, I didn't track my BBT, but it does provide an option for that along with a graph that I think is similar to Fertility Friend.  

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• I tracked my BBT it took me a couple of months to notice the pattern but it def. helped me learn a lot more about my body.  As far as reading one it is more all about the baseline.  So lets say pre O your temps are always below 97.5 and past O they are always above and somewhere in there you will have a dip which is O.  I just used my period app to track my temp every morning.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Loading the player...
  • pauljlpauljl member
    Fertility friend helped me so much.I used the free version for a while, and eventually splurged on the paid version (you'll get a trial of the paid version at the beginning anyway). They run specials often so I caught a good deal and went ahead and paid up! 

It gave me something to focus on besides the obvious, blaring question I had running through my mind. Plus, the graphs and charts made me feel like I was "doing" something other than waiting. 

Pro: the nerd in me liked having something to analyze. Con: The nerd in me had something to OVER-analyze. 

It will take you a few months to see distinct patterns. And you must remember that even within your pattern, you WILL have outliers. And they WILL mess with your head. 

I also recommend the mabis thermometer. It's available at walmart and walgreens. I had another to start, but it "favorited" temps and gave me some pretty strange readings after just a month of use. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I know how frustrating it can be to be told not to think about it.  I actually found researching what I could be doing to help cement our chances quite calming.  Admittedly, I was symptom searching on google a bit more than was necessary but hey, whatever gets you through the day, right? One last thing I tried that gave me the feeling of control was to blog about TTC (or you could always just keep a journal)  It gives you the chance to really air out your feelings, to vent when you need to vent and, years down the road, it serves as a reminder of how you got there.  If our baby is a girl who chooses to have children, she may even get an edited copy if she finds it interesting or useful.

Fingers crossed for you :)>-

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"