July 2012 Moms
Options

Wierd/Rude or Not? DH related

We had DS' birthday party yesterday and near the end I hear the lawn mower.  DH was mowing to the back of our property, MIL, FIL, and SIL are following holding DS.  My parents, sister and partner, and myself were cleaning up/hanging in the backyard.  DH, inlaws, and DS were gone for probably about 20-minutes.  My Mom asked what they were doing (she could see DH was mowing the lawn), I told her I had no idea (DH mowed the lawn the day before).

After party was over and DS was asleep I asked DH what that was all about.  He said DS wanted to see the mower (goodness that kid loves lawn equipment) so he turned it on and the only place to mow was our far back lawn (our lot is 0.29 acres and very long, probably 150 meters from house to where he was mowing).  I asked him in the future not to take DS away from the party because other people were there to see him and it was kind of rude.  DS gave me crap saying it was no big deal, they weren't gone that long, people were leaving (true, which is another reason why not to take the b-day boy away), and people could have walked back.  I let it drop because it wasn't worth a fight, but still feel it was rude.  MIL and FIL have done this before with DS, take him away from a party to "have their time" when there is other family around - they live in town and see him every week so it's not like they don't see him regularly.

I am generally annoyed with my inlaws right now due to a few issues (all of which DS agrees are issues) so I could just be super sensitive because of previous inlaw take the toddler away incidents (plus am 38-weeks preggo).  But what do others think?  Wierd, rude, nbd, combo?  

Re: Wierd/Rude or Not? DH related

• Options
    Rude! I agree with you. I wouldn't have an argument about it or dwell on it but I would definitely make it known to h that it was rude and doesn't need to happen again! That would irritate me
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  I completely agree not worth fighting over.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It was rude.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think its a big deal. Knowing my husband he would've done the same thing. I don't think it's rude but I tend to not give a crap about what others complain about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    nesenotesnesenotes member
    edited July 2014
    I think what you're more upset about is the ILs. It sounds like a recurring issue. I have a boundary pushing MIL and this is absolutely something she would do. So for that I see exactly why it's annoying and why you would go to DH with it.

Mine acted up a lot the one weekend my mom was here and my mom is only here twice a year. Thankfully my mom and I had a good ol chuckle at her and just rolled our eyes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"