Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Clothing

Hi ladies,

Popping in from 2nd trimester to ask a question.

It's been almost 7 years since my eldest was a baby and I cannot bring myself to even vaguely remember how much I bought for her first few weeks and months, I just remember that I didn't go overboard and that it was enough.

In reality, how much clothing did you end up needing, especially appreciate answers for December/January/February babies. 

I know there are tons of checklists around online but I prefer getting my info from people based on actual experience.

Thanks so much! 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
13dpo = positive fading all day
14dpo beta = 7.2
AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
O - CD19 
8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
9DPO - Neg. on FRER
11 DPO - BFP FRER
14 DPO - Beta 123
17 DPO - 784, yay! 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Clothing

• Options
    It depends how frequent you want to do laundry. We didn't plan to but endup doing laundry everyday so we don't really need more than 5 outfits when LO is at home with me the first 3 months. Once in day care, you will need two extra changing clothes there. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Honestly ours just lives in gowns (we have a son), sleepers and onsies. With that said I would get enough clothes for two outfits a day (especially if you have a kid that spits up) in a weeks span. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't waste your money on newborn or 0-3 month sizes. Our 3 month old has just started wearing "cute" clothes. Before, he lived in onesies or just a diaper. Keep in mind the season and climate where you live. We had so many fleece flooted PJ's and he never wore them. Not one. We live in the south and he was born in May... plus we swaddle, so he just slept in thin Carter's onesie.
  • Options
    BGGP9196BGGP9196 member
    edited August 2014

My first is a December baby!  I live in Michigan so we have cold winters so I feel like this required me to have a little more clothing than my April baby.   DD1 was pretty much just in onesies with the sleep sacks for the for the first 3 months.  She never really spit up so I was mostly able to just change her once a day.   I didn't use any of the sleepers with feet until she was out of the swaddle around 4 or 5 months old.   I did have a lot of reciving blankets.  I would use those for swaddles, just layered blankets, and as burp clothes.  

But my neice had reflux and no joke had to be changed after each feeding, so she was changed upwards of about 8x a day.  

Because you don't know if your babe will have any kinf o reflux issues I would reccomend at least enough to change the baby 2-3 times a day for as many days as you want to have without doing laundry.  I hate laundry and only do it on the weekends so I wanted to make sure we had enough to go through a full week without having to do laundry.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Don't waste your money on newborn or 0-3 month sizes. Our 3 month old has just started wearing "cute" clothes. Before, he lived in onesies or just a diaper. Keep in mind the season and climate where you live. We had so many fleece flooted PJ's and he never wore them. Not one. We live in the south and he was born in May... plus we swaddle, so he just slept in thin Carter's onesie.

^^this. We luckily didn't even have to buy much since we had a friend donate lots of sleepers and onesies. We also live in the south and our LO also just sleeps in a onesie.

They grow so fast so just buy a few tiny sizes and more 3 month sizes. If you're like me, once your baby is born, you really don't go anywhere, so what's the point on dressing them up?

Also, I understand why you asked this question. 8 years went by before we got pregnant again. You almost forget what it's like to have a newborn. But it comes back so quick. Trust me.
  • Options
    I am like you and didn't go overboard, as I figure I can always go out and buy more. For my son I believe I bought about 8 fleece sleepers, 6 onsies, and some random outfits with hoodies so I can layer, plus socks, tons of socks as I kept loosing them LOL. People bought some cute outifts and I got some more for Christmas so I had more than that but I didn't go to crazy. I do suggest buying tons of bibs just in case you get a spitter.
  • Options
    Based on my own personal experience, I would disagree with the buying a lot of 3 month clothes. That's what I did and she has so much for that size that she will never be able to wear (mostly because of seasons). She is 3 months now and still fits into newborn onesies & a few sleepers. We are just starting to put her in 0-3 month clothes, but they are still too big on her. She also has reflux and we go through outfits & bibs frequently. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I followed all of the above advice and didn't buy much in the way of newborn or 0-3 month clothing. I bought onesies and a few gowns. 

I ended up sending DH and MIL out to buy a few newborn outfits a couple of days after we got home from the hospital. I'd say to get a few things. 
  • Options
    milomiamilomia member
    edited August 2014
    We also used newborn onesies and pjs for 2.5 months. We are now using 0-3 month sizes and some 3 month (LO turns 3mths this week). I would make sure to have a handful of newborn items-you never know. Plus it's not safe to have your baby swimming in large pjs.
  • Options
    I made the mistake of having only two plain white newborn onesies because in my brain he was going to come out fitting in a 0-3, but I was so wrong. He was in newborn clothes up until 2 months. So I went out and bought more, no biggie. I had about 13 onesies, a few gowns, and three footed PJs. That seemed like a perfect amount. I did do laundry somewhat frequently because my kid was king of spit up. 
    We have a ton of 0-3 stuff - lots of hand-me-downs and items from showers. I would buy things when I found them on sale. There was a whole pile of clothing he never wore or only wore once. 
  • Options
    I had way too many footed sleepers because we always swaddle to sleep. Had to go out and buy more newborn size but that was fine. She wore newborn until 6 weeks. If I were to do it again, wouldn't buy any 3-6 month. I didn't but we were given a lot and she's on the small side and won't ever wear them because they're going to be the wrong season. I'd just wait to see how big she is when the time comes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"