Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Night time pacifier routine

My little guy just turned 3 months old today. Over the past week I have noticed a little routine forming. I give him his pacifier to go to sleep. Usually within the first ten minutes or so after putting him in bed, asleep, he spits the pacifier out and starts to cry. He stops as soon as I put the pacifier back in his mouth and he goes right back to sleep. He does the same thing early in the morning, only it usually lasts until around 8:00 when he is ready to wake up. This last week he figured out how to suck his thumb, but he doesn't usually try to suck it when he spits the pacifier out. Right now this little pattern of spitting out the pacifier, crying, then sleeping after it is put back is working okay since he sleeps only a foot away from my bed. I can see it becoming more if an issue when he moves to his own room. Any tips on how to help this now before it turns into more of an issue? Or am I just being overly concerned as a FTM?

Re: Night time pacifier routine

• this happened with us for about a month (sorry)
    then as fast as it started- it stopped and shes back to sleeping 7-7ish with one wakeup to eat inbetween
    from 3.5-4.5 months i made the trek across the house at least 6x a night
    make some coffee, and keep that baby close if you can!
  • We do the exact same thing. It helps ds go to sleep and once they can put the pacifier in their mouth themselves it's all good. I find DS scooting his head until he gets it in his mouth right now. He can't roll over yet but can move enough to get it back most nights. Just hang in there. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"