Pregnant after 35

Petty problem: I hate mornings

I've never had a good relationship with mornings, and it has gotten a lot worse.  I wake up very groggy although (because?) I am trying to sleep an extra hour.  That, combined with anxious dreams and occasional night sweats leaves me feeling cranky and not really wanting to get out of bed.  I'm avoiding caffeine but allow myself a small piece of dark chocolate in the morning and keep another snack by my bedside to boost energy levels.  Those help, but not enough unfortunately.

Any tips or suggestions?  Do you have bad mornings too?

Re: Petty problem: I hate mornings

• No tips, but I can tell you that the slug feeling will get better. I felt a lot better around 12 weeks, which probably feels like a long way off, but hang in there. It'll be here before you know it! I was a total slug in the first tri.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me too! I'm totally lucky that the career I choose has super cush hours. I don't have to be at work until 11AM (and I still get off at 5!) so that helps my relationship with morning somewhat. The other thing I am grateful for is blackout fabric curtains, my girls sleep like champions!! Have you always hated mornings or just since your BFP? I agree with @klavanga74 it will get better if it's PG related! Unfortunately for me, our bad relationship goes way back LOL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • I have always had a bad relationship with mornings too! Lol fortunately for me I can have coffee and it's encouraged by ob because my bp is so low:) like the others have said I felt like I was in,quick sand most of weeks 7-11 but it is a lot better now. So hang in there:)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I am more of a night person, so I like morning better when it comes at the end of my day :-) Sometimes I wake up fine, sometimes I am dragging.... I will drink coffee when I have to, less than 200mg caffeine a day, most days dont have to... :-) I also sleep a lot if I dont have to work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been a morning 'troll' for as long as I can remember.  It got a lot better pre-pregnancy due to diet and exercise but now it's back with a vengeance.  I think the fatigue has gone up a notch since I hit week 7.  I've wanted to sleep all day today and I think I could have!  I guess this is how I'll be paying my pregnancy dues since I don't have MS right now.  One last thi... zzzzz
  • Hey @NeonNoon I'm the same way! I think it's just a first trimester thing, especially for those of us who are not morning people. I was trying to work earlier and I fell asleep at my desk in front of the computer (leaning on my hand) and actually had a dream (and remember it)! That's just crazy!

Yesterday I think we slept in until 10am -- I got up 2x to go to bathroom, but still that's late for us, DH is getting over a cold. Our day wasn't crazy active, but I was falling asleep around 8pm watching tv.. I could not keep my eyes open.

I guess it just takes a lot of energy to go from a sesame seed to a blueberry in a few weeks! ;)

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    Through various parts of my pregnancy, I've definitely struggled with mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights. Being pregnant is hard work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"