Babies on the Brain

want to TFAS, waiting for a good time

My LO is 8m. Lately there has been a lot of baby announcements at work and i just found myself not really jealous but kind of feeling wishful that i could be on our way to LO #2. DD is still young and DH is not ready. Is it weird that in my head i know it's not time yet but i' feeling baby blues?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: want to TFAS, waiting for a good time

• Not weird. I am having those feelings to want to try for first one. 5 of my family/friends had babies April-May. I wanted to start trying years ago. Now with all the babies that were coming and now arrived, I wanted to be part of it. But DH and I had already made somewhat of a plan and a year ago he was not ready. Talk to your DH about what would be a good age gap you want to aim for. Which actually that sounds like a good post question (age gap), probably on another board or an old post.
  • Having 2 close in age is tough, for sure. And I agree that the 6-8 month range will totally give you a false sense of confidence in your readiness for #2. But the upside is also that they will be close in age, maybe play well together and be closer in later years. Mine are 23 months apart, and certainly fight like cats and dogs at times, but also love each other like crazy too. Second + pregnancies are just plain tough, regardless of the age of your children, lol.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • Not weird.  I've been wanting another since the moment we drove away from the hospital with our first. Our first is now almost 3 and we're going to start trying but it seems like I've been waiting FOREVER!!

• @kimbus22, it's really funny you said that because it is true, she is more interactive and showing personality now with her baby chubs still there. there are some days i look at DD and i feel like i wish i had a whole pack of her! But she is starting to move around and she will on get faster from this point on.

@Lauren121384, congrats on starting on your second! and everyone else who is currently expecting, CONGRATs!  I don't know if we will get there, in two years when DD is almost 3, i will be over 35 so I dont have a huge room to wait but for now we will wait and see. On the other hand, i do look forward to taking a break from pumping soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"