3rd Trimester
Options

Too much amniotic fluid?

I went to the dr. for a growth check and was told my amniotic fluid level was a little high at 28.8 (average level up to 25) I was then monitored for contractions and told every week I must be checked. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't really get any information from the dr. and what I found on the interest scared me!!

Re: Too much amniotic fluid?

• Options
    I know anything over 25 is too high but I never knew anyone who's levels were so high , did the doctor tell u if there were any risks ? I know mine were low at one point and that wasn't good
  • Options
    Apparently it's not a common thing. But I've read of people's fluid going up to 40. They said it was slightly high and not to worry.. Even though I am. Didn't go over any risks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Apparently it's not a common thing. But I've read of people's fluid going up to 40. They said it was slightly high and not to worry.. Even though I am. Didn't go over any risks
    I was told mine was on the higher side of normal after an US at 37 weeks because doc said I was measuring 42 weeks.  I was told it was fine.  If you need more information talk to your doctor.  For the love of God don't go clicking links that will overwhelm you with information and stress you out further.  Speak with your doctor. 
  • Options
    Thanks very much. I go back Monday And will talk with him further. Was just curious if anyone else could share their experiences. I'm hoping he's just fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"