Pregnant after 35
Options

Passed 3-hour glucose test but still considered glucose intolerant?

I failed my 1-hour glucose test with a 169 but passed the 3-hour glucose test. I'm reading my lab results online and it says I technically don't have GD but I'm still somewhat glucose intolerant. I'm told to limit carbs/sweets to at most 1 small serving per meal so that LO doesn't grow too large. It doesn't really explain the specifics of what led to this interpretation. Do you think it's because I failed the one hour or are my 3-hour numbers too close to the maximum normal number? Here are my 3-hour results with the normal range in parentheses:

fasting: 82 (65-94)
1 hour: 168 (<180)
2 hour: 131 (<155)
3 hour: 118 (<140)

Has anyone gotten similar results and was still diagnosed with GD or given dietary restrictions? It seems diagnosing/treating GD can depend on the doctor, since my SIL's doc diagnosed her with GD after she borderline passed the 1-hour test. Or do docs just tend to over-diagnose for preventative purposes?

Re: Passed 3-hour glucose test but still considered glucose intolerant?

• Options
    I am no medical expert, but those numbers all seem well below the accepted limit. 

I would ask your doctor why he/she thinks the dietary restrictions are a good idea. I'd be confused, too.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    I was considered glucose intolerant with DD#2 but I failed one of the four draws at the three hour test. By the looks of your results my Dr would consider you not glucose intolerant. I really think there is a huge swing in what different Dr's accept as normal. I learned that by following other diabetics when I was diagnosed with DD#3. I would for sure talk to your dr about it. GL, JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"