April 2013 Moms

Silverware?

How many of you are letting your kiddo practice with silverware on a regular basis, and how is he/she doing with it?
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Silverware?

• Not at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I will answer too. We have been doing loaded spoons wit R for months (where I put something on the spoon, then hand him the spoon and he eats it. He's really good at that. I have just recently started giving him a fork with his meals. He seems interested in holding it and jabbing at the food with it, but he still ends up eating with his hands.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • saxchloe said:
    @pinottoparenthood‌ if he seems interested try giving him the spoon instead of loading it cause a spoon is way easier for them to use than spearing with a fork.

Really? I guess with something like yogurt he could! But it seems like most foods would just fall right off the spoon when he tried to lift it to his mouth.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • He uses a fork at most meals and is pretty good with it. He uses a spoon maybe a few times a week and does okay with it, but dumps an awful lot on the floor.

• There are times DD3 won't attempt to eat unless she has a fork or spoon. We give her one or the other at every meal. She does well with a spoon with thicker yogurt. Forks she does okay with but usually needs some help stabbing.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I put out a fork or spoon (whatever seems more appropriate for the food) at every meal and he complains if I don't. He can actually feed himself Greek yogurt with a spoon fairly well. Everything else is pretty hit or miss.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited July 2014
    Z uses a fork or spon 90% of the time and does pretty well.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Just started letting her have utensils. She is better with a fork. My 3 yo still uses fingers about half the time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Warner consistently uses a fork and spoon well, and sometimes chop sticks (although mostly just using a stabbing or dipping method)
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • skidderdo said:
    Warner consistently uses a fork and spoon well, and sometimes chop sticks (although mostly just using a stabbing or dipping method)

Ughhh that's so cute! I am dying to take Rhys to sushi, although he'll have to eat a veggie roll due to his potential fish allergy.
    Amanda

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • elbouelbou member
    saxchloe said:
    @pinottoparenthood‌ if he seems interested try giving him the spoon instead of loading it cause a spoon is way easier for them to use than spearing with a fork.

Really? I guess with something like yogurt he could! But it seems like most foods would just fall right off the spoon when he tried to lift it to his mouth.
    Most foods do at first, regardless of whether you're starting with a fork or spoon. It's all part of the process of learning how to use them. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"