September 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone up?

Remember 7 or so months ago when there were so many of us up at this time snuggling and feeding our little night owls and thinking that sleep would never come again? Well, i'd totally trade that for waiting for Vicodin to act so i can stop the horrible pulsing pain of my root canal. 

So, anyways, since I'm up and all, let's talk 1 yr old birthday party food. What kinds of snacks/food would you serve a bunch of other 1 year old kiddies? 

Re: Anyone up?

• Options
    I'm sorry you were awake and in pain! I hope you were able to rest soon after.

The majority of our friends/family do not have young children, so we aren't catering to kids. We are just having a casual BBQ, so burgers and dogs, sausages, steak tips, chicken. The typical BBQ sides.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Funny I was up at 2 feeding DS but I didn't check TB. 
     I hope you are feeling better now. Tooth pain sucks. 

We are going to order bbq pork it will be served as sliders. I'm also going to order chicken fingers for the kids.there will be Mac n cheese and baked beans. I saw a teddy bear mix that had teddy Graham's and mini marshmallows. There will also be bear food gold fish, blueberries.

fingers crossed you have a pain free day!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was also up at 2, someone hasn't slept through the night this whole vacation. We wont really be having any kids at the party either. I think we are just going to get a 6 ft sub from our local specialty food store. It comes with salads. We will also have the usual chips and dips and desserts, maybe some hot dogs/burgers too
    imagephoto b8nyaejpg.gifImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Most of the kids attending her party will be older so we are just doing a big BBQ. We will do burgers, hot dogs, chips and dip, a few different salads, and cake of course :)
  • Options
    I think we may have something like 20 adults and then 5-6 one year olds and 2-3 3 yr olds. So wanted to have some one-yr old friendly food. It'll be afternoon 2-5 so just snacks.

Was thinking: mini mac-n'cheese (in cupcake cups), little fruit cups, chocolate truffles, mini cheesecakes, tea sandwiches (e.g., cream cheese, or ham and cheese), lemonade, juice boxes, cake of course, water bottles, nut-free cookies or cupcakes, mini meatballs, maybe carrot sticks? And then for adults/kids i'll have pigs in a blanket, mini quiches, and a couple of salads. 

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Something like mini hamburger sliders would work for kiddos and adults

• Options
    @AlejandraN2‌ I think your menu sounds great. There are lots of options for people to chose from. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"