April 2014 Moms
Options

Would you let a (normal/clean) stranger hold your baby?

2»

Re: Would you let a (normal/clean) stranger hold your baby?

• Options
    No to absolute strangers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put no but realized I did this last week. I was struggling to get the car seat out of the stroller while boarding my plane. I let the flight attendant hold DD while I figured it out. It would be situational...
  • Options
    In the situation from OP i would absolutely let her hold my baby for a little bit. Random stranger walking up to me in a mall? Nope. Random stranger in a mall sitting next to me on a bench after talking a little? Probably. Absolutely situational IMO
  • Options
    I wasn't offended at ALL, don't worry :)
  • Options
    I wasn't offended at ALL, don't worry :)
    LMAO at the idea of one of our least dramatic people trying to stir up drama. You little minx, @MamaFantastic! Always causing trouble ;)
  • Options
    I completely understand OP so I dont blame you for allowing it. I work in an assisted living so no I wouldn't because I know too much lol. And my mind would go to too many negative thoughts.
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    I have no issues with it, but it is a cultural thing where I live, its a very small community that is baically an extended family - the word is Whanau which means more than just family. I did actually surprise myself that it doesn't bother me at all, they always give LO back pretty quick when she starts crying!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options

Thank goodness for my resting bitch face because I have never been asked.

Agreed with the resting bitch face technique, no one outside of my close circle even asked to touch my belly when I was pregnant. So far one stranger has asked to hold LO, motherhood must make me appear much happier & more approachable, oh no!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a germophobe (I let my kid est a grape he dropped on the floor of Walmart) and I'm not afraid he'll be snatched, because I can outrun an old person. I'm just selfish and I don't want to play pass the baby with people I don't know like he's some kind of happy pill for old ladies.

I have to say I find this a very interesting discussion though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    So I didn't comment yesterday, but I'm with Dani. I'm a FTM, but is let someone else hold my baby, on a situational basis as most people have described. No, I'm no going to let the random person who walks up to me at the grocery store hold her while she's in her car seat in the cart, but if I'm holding her and start chatting with someone I might. DH would probably be more weirded out or say no, but as a person who loves babies I understand the desire to hold one, even a strange one. I mean, everyone is a stranger until they're not. I worked at a children's gymnastics place where I held plenty of strangers' children the first time I met them, not just the ones in my class. Maybe the difference in certain establishments (like nursery workers at church) is that people have been background checked, but as long as I'm standing there, I don't have a problem with someone holding her

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"