Pregnant after a Loss
Options

**Wednesday Ticker Change**

Good morning ladies!  I hope your week is going well!

I have a second-ish GTKY for this week.  I read most of the other check-ins and each one is different.  So, I'm wondering, is there anything you guys want me to add?  Or do you like it being short and sweet?

One more week down and that much closer to meeting our sweet LO's!

Just a reminder that this is a weekly check-in for those of us who start a new week of pregnancy today. If you are new, please feel free to jump in, give us your EDD, and welcome! 

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling? Symptoms?

Any appointments coming up? Anything you need T&P for? 

GTKY: If you were a Disney princess, who would you be and why?
Me- 29, DH - 28
BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
Daisypath Friendship tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

Re: **Wednesday Ticker Change**

• Options
    classicstar28classicstar28 member
    edited July 2014
    How far along are you? 27 weeks.  Is this 3rd tri yet?  I'm going to go ahead and say yes.

How are you feeling? Symptoms?  Physically I feel the same as last week.  Most night I sleep pretty well.  I wake up to roll over and sometimes my hips hurt.  But, most of the night I'm asleep.  Emotionally, kinda off.  I feel like a giant person and everyone comments on it constantly.  At my birth class, my EDD was 2nd to last out of about 10 couples (mostly due late August to mid-September) and I was as big or bigger than everyone there.  Huh?  My parent type people are always saying things like "Wow. You are pregnant!" and "Every time I see you, you're a tiny bit bigger."  I like that I'm clearly pregnant, but all the constant comments don't make me feel that great.

Any appointments coming up? Anything you need T&P for? My first appointment with my new doctor is on Monday morning.  I'm a little nervous that some horrible thing will show up and I've had trouble with my weight lately.  I feel like I've gained too much in the last 6 weeks.  I think I've gained like 8 lbs since my last appointment already.  I've also convinced myself that the movement I've been feeling isn't normal.  It's sometimes like a tiny earthquake where I feel all these rapid movements all at once.  I figured it was normal until I read something random last night that suggested maybe it isn't.

GTKY: If you were a Disney princess, who would you be and why?  I would be Belle.  I really identify with her love of books and adventure.  Reading is one of my favorite things to do and I own WAY too many books to fit on the bookcases we have.  I also love to travel and have several goals including visiting all 50 states and every continent at least once.  I also identify with Belle because she doesn't quite fit in where she is.  I've always felt that way and have never had a "group," but a few close friends.

ETA: Things I've thought about adding to the check-in include doing the week/edd/fruit instead of just how far along are you.  I've also thought about adding random section for things not related to pregnancy you'd like to share or a story etc.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    Thank you for the check in, @classicstar28‌ . Welcome to third tri!! I think people *think* they are being cute and nice commenting on the bump size, but they have no idea how much it can mess with your head! I got a lot of "you're awfully small" comments over the Fourth, and it sent my head into a PgAL spiral. My appointment the following week proved otherwise. The important thing to remember is that every body is different, every bump is different, and every body carries every bump different! And maybe tell your parents to just shoosh ;) Good luck at your appointment on Monday, I will be thinking about you.

@maryhr1‌ Hopefully time passes quickly for your next appointments! Have you heard the heartbeat on the Doppler yet? It's still pretty early, and my best suggestion (if you can stand the wait) is to wait until you've heard it with the OB, then try... Remember to take your time and be patient!

@RN536‌ Good luck at your anatomy scan and appointments! I cannot wait to hear how the scan goes!!

And to all of you, I am sorry I have not been around much lately. I peek in to check on everyone, even when I don't get to posting.

How far along are you? 30 weeks

Sorry, this ended up long...
    I am doing okay, but really feeling worn down. I probably pulled the round ligament on my left side and was told it probably won't heal until after delivery. I am in a fair amount of pain when I try to walk, sit, stand...just move for that matter. And I've been battling a yeast infection for about a month now, that I was also told I will probably be fighting the rest of the pregnancy as well.
    I don't know if I shared that I passed the one hour GTT two weeks back (woohoo!), but my blood work also showed that I am anemic. On Sunday and Monday, I started having some vision problems that came and went, but were nerve wracking. Blurred vision, black floaters, bright white spots that were kind of blinding. My OB brought me right in when I called on Monday, no signs of hypertension, thank God. Probably the anemia or possibly a migraine.

Any appointments coming up? Anything you need T&P for? OB appts are every other week now! I should also be getting a call any day now to schedule the 32w growth scan, and should be starting back up with MFM from there on out. Baby girl was perfectly average at the a/s, and I would be so very grateful for prayers that she has at least maintained that.

Aurora was always my favorite growing up, but I'll take any princess that gets to sleep for a long time. What I would give for a good night's sleep!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    **my apologies that I'm not able to properly format for some reason - super annoying, read at your own risk** @maryhr1 - I like your style and approach to knowing that feeling pretty awful is one indication that your pregnancy is progressing normally. Yay for ordering a doppler! I still use mine since I haven't felt much movement, and love the peace of mind it gives me. @classicstar28 - thanks for running the check in! Sorry about the annoying comments ((((hugs))))!!! I hope the appointment with the new doctor goes well and that LO is progressing along just fine :). @RN536 - I almost didn't recognize you because of your updated avatar! Hah! Congrats on being 1/2 way there, lady - have a great time at the A/S!! @AnyMax - I'm so glad to hear you passed the one hour GTT but am so bummed to hear about the round ligament pull and yeast infection :( - so, so sorry love! Is there a fix for the anemia? @mmheartspb - So sorry PgAL brain has been giving you a hard time ((((hugs)))). FX Monday rolls around quickly for you and you get some PgAL brain relief that the baby is doing just fine. I'm so sad that my text color change function is not working - WTF BUMP??? I was excited to have mango-colored text today :). Oh well, first world problems. How far along are you? 19 weeks, whaaaaat? How are you feeling? Symptoms? I feel okay physically. It's getting a bit uncomfortable to sleep on my sides at night but thanks to my new BFF my body pillow that has been getting better. I'm anxious that something is going to be wrong at my A/S, but I think that's pretty common for PgAL, unfortunately. Any appointments coming up? Anything you need T&P for? A/S is on FRIDAY!!!!!!! I'm nervous, anxious, excited, etc. <<would totally insert "i'm in a glass cage of emotion" anchorman gif if my darn text/URL options were available to me - again, wtf bump?!?>> I'll update everyone on how it goes. Positive vibes, T&Ps and the like are very much appreciated. Thanks ladies :). GTKY: If you were a Disney princess, who would you be and why? I always felt I was most similar to Mulan. I was a complete tomboy growing up and would compete with all the guys in everything I did. I hated it when they said I couldn't play with them because I was a girl and couldn't do what they did. I showed them a time or two ;).
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Options
    *lurking - this is not my ticker-change day* @carlsonbaby2014, I am having the same issues with formatting today. Super annoying. :-P

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    *lurking - this is not my ticker-change day* @carlsonbaby2014, I am having the same issues with formatting today. Super annoying. :-P
    Oh no! I hope they get it figured out soon.
    Began trying for a baby January 2012
    BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
    BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
    BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 
  • Options
    classicstar28classicstar28 member
    edited July 2014
    @maryhr1 What a great attitude about the symptoms! I hope that when you try out your doppler it helps ease Pgal brain until your next appointments and beyond!

@RN536 Yay halfway! I'm so glad your anatomy scan went well! My doctor in CO worked with tons of other OBs and RNPs so I never had to worry about my appointments, but I've heard that the practice I am switching to often has that issue. She doesn't work alone, but they try to be there to do your delivery so people often end up waiting or rescheduling. I suppose it's worth it, though, to have the doctor you chose do the delivery. But, at the time I assume it would be frustrating.

@anymax I'm sorry you've been dealing with so much stuff. I can't imagine the pulled RL. Mine hurt enough just from normal stretching. The yeast infection sounds awful. I had a recurring yeast infection for 4 months last year (it was my birth control in the end) so I can relate to how awful it is. Hopefully both end up getting better before you delivery, but if not as soon as possible after! I also hope the vision stuff was just a migraine or related to anemia. Yay for passing the GTT, though!!

@mmheartspb I'm sorry you are having such bad Pgal brain. I'm always a wreck before my appointments, so I don't have much useful advice. I always try to keep myself busy, use positve visualization, and meditate. Not that any of that has actually made me less anxious, but it's what I've got. I hope that you are able to get to Monday and that your appointment goes well. I'll be thinking about you!

@carlsonbaby2014 How exciting that your A/S is almost here!! I'm glad that your body pillow is helping you sleep better. I'll be looking for a great update from you on Friday!!
    Me- 29, DH - 28
  • Options
    Oh no! I hope they get it figured out soon.
    i'm having the same formatting issues today. i'm debating putting replies to everyone in a separate post so i don't have the wall of text, or maybe trying to include the html directly (since i'm seeing it show up for the quote). i guess i have a little time to think about it while i compose my replies and check-in answers. i always do it in text editor and then copy and paste anyway, since it's easier to switch windows than to keep scrolling up and and down.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    rich text editor WAS broken for some reason in my browser, so i was prepared to do my own html, but luckily it came back while i was typing out my replies.  lol

@classicstar - i usually just automatically include the fruit when i answer how far along i am.  and most stories wind up working themselves into one of the answers too.  is that bad?  lol.  anyway, i remember that hip pain with DS and i'm already starting to get it now.  it sucks.  and i got really large with DS fast (getting big even faster with this one).  i even had a friend who went a week longer with twins than i did with DS and was still smaller than me.  and i'm a tall girl too, with a long torso!  the comments SUCK.  everyone is different.  i got rapid small movements with DS as well, around where you are, for a few weeks.  it was almost like i'd be vibrating all down one side for 30 seconds or so.  it's normal.  (((hugs)))

@maryhr1 - i really wanted more symptoms this time around...i had way more with DS (and he's a sunshine baby...no losses before him).  i wanted that reassurance, even if it made me miserable.  i never got it.  but everything is ok anyway.  my OB got the HB on the doppler at 10w (i would have been 9w3d going by how i measured at my dating scan a few weeks earlier, but he uses LMP since baby measured less than a week off) and we got our own doppler around 11.5w and i've heard that sweet sound at least every other day since then.  please please please don't freak out if you can't find it right away though...it's not uncommon to not be able to find anything before the 2T!  good luck!

@RN536 - half-baked!  w00t!  please update us on your scan!  are you finding out the sex?

@AnyMax - omg, you poor thing.  i can't imagine having to deal with a pulled RL at 30w, and for the rest of the pregnancy.  and the YI too, AND you're anemic...when it rains, it pours.  i hope you can find some relief.

@mmheartspb - (((HUGS))) i hope PgAL brain gives you a break.  i hope monday comes quickly for you!

@carlsonbaby2014 - almost half-baked!  good luck at your scan on friday!  mine is six weeks out and i can't wait.  lol

How far along are you?
    14w.  baby is a lemon!  er, rather, the size of a lemon.  i hope baby isn't a "lemon".  lol

most of the symptoms have let up, except the fatigue and constipation.  i've been a lot more emotional too.  DS had some drama on sunday and monday that made me fall apart into a blubbering mess a few times.  he fell down on the playground on sunday and knocked three of his lower front teeth way out of place (still there, just not in the right place).  so between the ER visit that day (at the advice of his doctor's on-call line), trying to find a dentist that would take a new patient and see him same day under his insurance the next morning, and then the fight/effort that went into trying to get him to let them take an x-ray, there was a lot of waterworks.  so embarrassing.  luckily, no permanent damage was done other than shifting of baby teeth (and even then, only one is still way out of place...the other two shifted most of the way back), and as of yesterday DS was no worse for the wear in his behavior.

i had a checkup today.  i was surprised that they didn't want me to pee in a cup.  i went in so they could check my weight, BP, pulse, and listen to the HB, and schedule my next checkup.  seemed almost like a waste of time, since i have my own doppler and scale at home.  lol.  anyway, my next checkup is 8/13, and the anatomy scan is scheduled for 8/29 (20w2d).  we're having the tech write the sex down and put it in an envelope, and we'll take it to a bakery and have them do us up a cake.  the boxes they use are opaque, so we'll have our very own little reveal party, just the three of us (althoug DS probably won't eat any cake, picky little booger.)

hm.  i don't know.  maybe rapunzel?  i had really long hair for a long time (past my butt, and i'm a natural blond...although it didn't turn brown when i cut it off).  i like to think i'm that kind of fun, spunky, creative/artistic, spontaneous type (if a bit sheltered and naive), although who knows if i actually am.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for the continuous support, ladies. And sorry for dumping like I did. Some days it feels very overwhelming, but overall, I really have had a smooth pregnancy up to this point and I am so very thankful despite my complaining.  @RN536 I didn't know you could pull them either, but that's what the OB said after I insisted I broke my crotch  :-??  @carlsonbaby2014 The best I can do for the anemia is take iron supplements and make a conscious effort to eat more iron-rich foods.

@mmheartspb I am so sorry about the nightmares.  (((HUGS))) I hope your appointment goes well on Monday. Please keep us updated.

@carlsonbaby2014 shut up! You'll be halfway next week! eeeek!  I will be keeping you in my thoughts for a person a/s on Friday....and I will be popping in all day waiting for an update! And I think this is what you were looking for...

@longcat07  That sounds like a rough couple of days! Hopefully things are calming down!  Your appointment sounds like the standard. I didn't start peeing in a cup at every appointment until I hit 20w.  And yea, when you are not having any problems, the appointments can feel like "I drove all the way over here and waited for that?!"

@RN536 Congrats on a great A/S!!!

ETA: @Classicstar28 I missed your original question - I am open to anything you want to add to the check in!

• Options
    @longcat07 Sunday and Monday sound like they were pretty rough!  I'm glad that YS is ok, though.  And I agree, sometimes the check-ups seem like they don't really do much.  I was surprised that I wasn't asked to pee in a cup after my 8 week appointment.  I asked about it at my 12 week and the nurse said they don't do regularly it at that practice until 24 weeks unless you have something going on that they want to check.  Weird.  Oh well.  Thanks for the reassurance about the movement!  I feel better knowing you felt the same thing before.  I really need to stop Googling things.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
  • Options
    Hello ladies!! Where the hell have I been. I've been gone for ages! I am glad to see that everyone is doing good and that there are some new faces.

How far along are you?
    22 weeks! Time is flying by.

I am feeling great! except I keep sleeping on my back! I know I am not supposed to but that is how I wake up and it seems like that is the only way I get a good nights sleep. Other than that doing great!

I have an appointment next week with my OB and I think it may be gluecose day... I am a little anxious about that but I am sure I'll be fine.

I think I would be Belle, I have always thought I looked like her (on a good day). No other reason. :)
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    @ashris13 I agree!  Time seems to be going by at super speed!!  I've heard that if sleeping on your back is causing a problem, you'll wake up.  But, I've also read that if you're a back sleeper you can put a pillow under one side and it'll keep you from having any issues.  I am not a dr, though, and I'm a side/stomach sleeper myself so no real experience.  Good luck with the glucose test (if they do it next week)!!  Keep us updated.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"