Single Parents
Options

What would you do?

I used to be active on the board and well life has had me preoccupied, so I hope you don't mind me popping in.
Ok a little background: dd father and I didn't work out he was mentally abusive and I left before it became physically abusive ( which I later found out he hit his ex before
me)
Anyway in July before dd was born (she was born sept 2012) after not hearing from him for 5 months he asked to be part of her life. I said I was ok with it but there where some things I had already decided that he wasn't going to change. He agreed. The next day I sent him a text and asked for him to fill out a family medical history and well I never heard from him again.
Ok so now the dilemma: dd has seizures and is also almost 22 months and doesn't speak a word. She is in speech therapy twice a week. I have not intentions of wanting to contact him as he has left the state and has even gotten married. I know his nephew is on fb. Through his nephew I can contact my exs sister and maybe get some medical history. Would you do it? I'm just lost and don't want anymore surprises if anything else happens to dd. Tia
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What would you do?

• Options
    I would contact her. It's important to know for her sake. I'm in contact with my DD's bio-grandma and so I know about the heart disease and cancer on that side.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, if it is important and can help. That's so sad that your DD has to deal with seizures. I'm sorry to hear this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! This is important!
  • Options
    @MinnesotaMomma91‌ what are you doing up?
    My 3 year old just fell out of bed so I popped on here. I have to be up in 2 hours though. Fml
  • Options
    @Freeatlast2014 i woke up for no apparent reason. But bf is on the late shift this week so it was nice to talk to him just now
  • Options
    tig594tig594 member
    Sorry about your LO.  I bet that's hard to deal with.  But I'd definitely get as much medical history from that side of her family as you can.  I agree it's important.  
  • Options
    I definitely would. That's important information. Good luck to you and your LO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Options

Yes, I would absolutley contact at the very least, a family member for medical history.  I would try to keep the contact as matter-of-fact as possible, though.

Good Luck!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    rsp247rsp247 member
    Thank you all. Sorry about double posting I couldn't find this post originally and didn't think it posted. I am going to try contacting his nephew as he is on Facebook and I don't have a phone number for his sister. Thank you all. I'm freaking out about contacting them because he denies she is his.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Why not get a paternity test? (not trying to sound mean, just curious)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"