March 2014 Moms
Options

It's nice to be noticed!

Today I was at preschool prep class with my 19 mo old (4 mo old was at home with the nanny) and we were in the locker room after her swimming lesson and rushing to get home.  I had to take off her swim suit and swim diaper and put on her regular diaper and clothes and change myself.  It's always rushed and frustrating b/c she's all wound up after being in the pool amd getting hungry because it's lunch time, so it takes every ounce of my patience.  I try and calmly talk through what we're doing and make it fun for her.  After one elderly lady asked if I brought her a toy to play with and I told her "no" (don't you seem my already busting at the seams diaper bag?!?...3 different sizes/types of diapers, wipes, her change of clothes, my change of clothes, and a beach towel.)  As we were finishing up, another older lady stopped me and my first thought was "oh, great.  I'm sure she has some helpful advise too."  But she said, "I really appreciate the way you communicate with your daughter.  So often I hear mom's yelling at their kids.  It's nice to hear you explain what you're doing and I can tell you do so with love for your daughter.  What I'm saying is, good job.  You're a great mom."  I literally started crying right then and there.  Today was a day when I needed a boost and some encouragement.  The next time I see someone being a good mom, I'm going to pay it forward and tell her she's great.  It didn't make my day, it made my month.

Re: It's nice to be noticed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"